Articles Wanted!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
If you have received your email to contribute to the Innteractive Inns blog, feel free to jump right in, you can always create an article and save it as draft if you want to tweak it some more later on. If you wish to contribute but we don't have your email address (ie you have it masked on your website and not visible here on the forum, just drop me a line.)
  1. As soon as I have your first article I will add your blog to the side-bar of contributing bloggers.
  2. In a month I will make a list of websites from all those contributing as well. Once we've all settled in nicely.
Don't be shy. Write what you want to write, keep it to a few paragraphs and small to medium font, add a few photos and add links to your inn. This is about YOUR INN and what there is on offer there, what there is to do, and why guests should stay with you! JUMP ON IN THE WATER'S FINE!
If there is anyone who wishes to blog on the topic of BnBforVets and INDUSTRY AWARD at PAII please feel free (with a couple photos, perhaps an American flag as well)?
The more the merrier! CONTENT MARKETING Y'ALL!
http://innteractiveinns.blogspot.com/

How do you get the photos to position IN the blog? I have been trying and trying and the photos keep going to the top of the Blog, not IN it.

How do you get the photos to position IN the blog? I have been trying and trying and the photos keep going to the top of the Blog, not IN it..
gillumhouse said:
How do you get the photos to position IN the blog? I have been trying and trying and the photos keep going to the top of the Blog, not IN it.
are you using the little icon to insert the image at the area of the article you want it? Then after you do you can drag them down where you want them. I have seen this happen before and I can't recall WHY it happened, but I deleted them and started over and they STUCK where I put them.

How do you get the photos to position IN the blog? I have been trying and trying and the photos keep going to the top of the Blog, not IN it..
gillumhouse said:
Ha. They were supposed to have fixed that but I've never seen it work the way they say it should- photo goes where the cursor is- no it doesn't.
What I do, I've never tried drag and drop, is to go to the 'edit html' tab right over the text field and cut and paste the pic from there. The last pic you put in is the top one. The code starts like this <a and ends like this </a>, as long as you highlight and copy that whole thing you can then paste it where you want it.
If you select 'left' or 'right' for the position when you first put in the photo, the text will generally, but not always! go alongside the photo.
Then go back to 'compose' to tidy up the spacing.

gillumhouse said:
are you using the little icon to insert the image at the area of the article you want it? Then after you do you can drag them down where you want them. I have seen this happen before and I can't recall WHY it happened, but I deleted them and started over and they STUCK where I put them.
Tried 3 times with the first photo. Also tried to drag. Perhaps it is because I had to save and come back to edit. DH was READY to go to Jimmy's for lunch - and when HE is READY we go - NOW!
Edited to add - tried again and it did it! I am sooo proud of me! I got it to work. Hope you like the article.

gillumhouse said:
Ha. They were supposed to have fixed that but I've never seen it work the way they say it should- photo goes where the cursor is- no it doesn't.
What I do, I've never tried drag and drop, is to go to the 'edit html' tab right over the text field and cut and paste the pic from there. The last pic you put in is the top one. The code starts like this <a and ends like this </a>, as long as you highlight and copy that whole thing you can then paste it where you want it.
If you select 'left' or 'right' for the position when you first put in the photo, the text will generally, but not always! go alongside the photo.
I had positioned the photos when I uploaded them. I tried drag again - thanks JB - and this time it put them where I wanted them. I also had to delete a LOT of white space because it would not let me copy/paste what I did in WORD to get my thoughts organized, I had to retype it and when I made spaces for the next paragraph, it doubled them when it did the auto save. Now I am going to go see how it looks. I was soooo pleased with myself that it worked, I forgot to view after publish.

gillumhouse said:
I had positioned the photos when I uploaded them. I tried drag again - thanks JB - and this time it put them where I wanted them. I also had to delete a LOT of white space because it would not let me copy/paste what I did in WORD to get my thoughts organized, I had to retype it and when I made spaces for the next paragraph, it doubled them when it did the auto save. Now I am going to go see how it looks. I was soooo pleased with myself that it worked, I forgot to view after publish.
gillumhouse said:
You are all set, I made a few adjustments. You will get the hang of it!
I hope everyone takes a peek! http://innteractiveinns.blogspot.com/
We also have the NEW HEADER! The header creator will also be a guest blogger next week!

gillumhouse said:
gillumhouse said:
We also have the NEW HEADER! The header creator will also be a guest blogger next week!
Nice header. A little confusion on FB however. The new blog has a 'preview' on FB that says something about toilets leaking and the article is about being joyful. Not that fixing toilets isn't joyful, but there's a disconnect between what FB thinks the link is about and wht the post is about. Odd.

gillumhouse said:
gillumhouse said:
Thanks. I hope i did not put in too many links but wanted all to be found.

gillumhouse said:
gillumhouse said:
gillumhouse said:
I added more links. Add as many as you wish. :)

gillumhouse said:
gillumhouse said:
Nice header. A little confusion on FB however. The new blog has a 'preview' on FB that says something about toilets leaking and the article is about being joyful. Not that fixing toilets isn't joyful, but there's a disconnect between what FB thinks the link is about and wht the post is about. Odd.
Alibi Ike said:
Ah I see if you post the blog itself then it picks something to add to it. So we need the description there so it picks it up. If you link to a specific article it works fine. Thx.

gillumhouse said:
gillumhouse said:
Alibi Ike said:
Ah I see if you post the blog itself then it picks something to add to it. So we need the description there so it picks it up. If you link to a specific article it works fine. Thx.
Put the description of the blog on the header photo. That's what my gets pulled when I post my blog links. Not sure how the exact post can be the comment that FB pulls. Odder still is where is it pulling the leaking toilet from???

gillumhouse said:
gillumhouse said:
gillumhouse said:
I added more links. Add as many as you wish. :)
I edited the post to ID those in the photo. The other lady is the Pres of PAII Board.

Just some key word feedback for you (the blog is new but the content and links are being built as we go along and add more to it) so thank you for all who have contributed thus far!
Feel free, as always to write an article, showcase your place, go ahead don't be shy... in fact write a few articles - post date them to show up later on at intervals. NO RULES JUST GO FOR IT! :)
Search Keywords:
  • hoo day happens to fall on a
  • oregon coast valentines get away
  • valentine's day wv 2011
  • valentines weekend package virginia
  • virginia valentine getaway
  • virginia valentine's getaways

Seeing the lovely article on breakfasts at the inn and photos here, made me want to invite all of you to PLEASE POST YOUR SCRUMPTIOUS BREAKFAST PHOTOS to innteractiveinns. If you want just ONE PHOTO with a link to your place and city/state please do!!! Those are the images people love to drool over!
I am not doing a CALLING ALL on this as I don't want any comparing apples to oranges, but PLEASE BY ALL MEANS even if it is a cup of coffee on a veranda with binoculars...go for it!
If you need access to write an article, just email me I am more than happy to add you to the permissions list!
BON APPETITE!

Seeing the lovely article on breakfasts at the inn and photos here, made me want to invite all of you to PLEASE POST YOUR SCRUMPTIOUS BREAKFAST PHOTOS to innteractiveinns. If you want just ONE PHOTO with a link to your place and city/state please do!!! Those are the images people love to drool over!
I am not doing a CALLING ALL on this as I don't want any comparing apples to oranges, but PLEASE BY ALL MEANS even if it is a cup of coffee on a veranda with binoculars...go for it!
If you need access to write an article, just email me I am more than happy to add you to the permissions list!
BON APPETITE!.
I hope that myth really is never debunked about fantastic freshly prepared breakfasts at B&Bs!!
I am craving mangoes after reading that article.......

Back