As the Day Approacheth...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
America is my country and Australia is my hometown http://blog.claibornehouse.net/2012/01/america-is-my-country-and-australia-is.html
AyRNULsCEAAg5bq.jpg
That is so wonderful. He is a credit to all three of his countries!! Such a nice man!

Thanks everyone!
We showed up and waited in line for 2 hours, with all documentation, including the final letter from the I.N.S. with the appt date and time, and they had no certificate for him.
We waited and waited - it was like waiting for a pardon from the governor. It was extreme stress, for hours, and right on 11am they called him up, 63 anxious people were waiting to take the oath.
One lady there who escaped communism with her young son under the cover of darkness from Romania. There she was through all the struggles proud to become an American. It was quite a group.
But alas, they got the approval, he was number 64. When they called his name he walked up to the federal judge and I saw them laughing and the judge slapping him on the back. He came back, with a blank piece of paper. "It's in the mail" I guess the judge said.
Apparently they misplaced his cert, so he was not even in the lineup.
It's done.
Now he can register to vote.
Now he can gripe and complain alongside the rest of us. (It has never stopped him before, mind you, he is a resident, a tax payer and a contributor to the USA).
cheers.gif

[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Here is the brand spankin' new American Citizen! [/COLOR]https://twitter.com/InnkeeperVA/status/226427687965696000/photo/1/large

Thanks everyone!
We showed up and waited in line for 2 hours, with all documentation, including the final letter from the I.N.S. with the appt date and time, and they had no certificate for him.
We waited and waited - it was like waiting for a pardon from the governor. It was extreme stress, for hours, and right on 11am they called him up, 63 anxious people were waiting to take the oath.
One lady there who escaped communism with her young son under the cover of darkness from Romania. There she was through all the struggles proud to become an American. It was quite a group.
But alas, they got the approval, he was number 64. When they called his name he walked up to the federal judge and I saw them laughing and the judge slapping him on the back. He came back, with a blank piece of paper. "It's in the mail" I guess the judge said.
Apparently they misplaced his cert, so he was not even in the lineup.
It's done.
Now he can register to vote.
Now he can gripe and complain alongside the rest of us. (It has never stopped him before, mind you, he is a resident, a tax payer and a contributor to the USA).
cheers.gif

[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Here is the brand spankin' new American Citizen! [/COLOR]https://twitter.com/InnkeeperVA/status/226427687965696000/photo/1/large.
cheers.gif

Back