As the snow falls...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
...again. My mother called and asked how was the weather? Hmmmm. Should I be concerned? Apparently yes. Somewhere between 1-2 feet on the way right now. It was raining when we went out around 5 PM. Right now there is about 2" of snow and it's still coming down.
We planned to take this week off. (When I say 'planned' I mean 'we just decided this morning'.) So, we unplanned taking the week off as everywhere we were thinking of going (VT & upstate NY) is supposed to get this, too. How about it Swirt? Did you get a lot of snow?

OK, so photos will be coming later on today, it's a wintah wondahland out there. Unfortunately, there are a LOT of big branches down all over the yard. Hopefully, we won't need Mr Chainsaw back again.

Wow, did those bring back memories from my stints further north in Syracuse and Boston! We've only had one snowfall like that here, our first winter. Just the thought of shovelling that makes my back hurt. How many inches (or feet).

that took me back, too, when we used to live in Webster Springs, WV - we did a lot of snow there. It could snow as early as Halloween (altho rare) and as late as Easter!

Wow, did those bring back memories from my stints further north in Syracuse and Boston! We've only had one snowfall like that here, our first winter. Just the thought of shovelling that makes my back hurt. How many inches (or feet)..
Oddly enough, it's not that much snow. Less than a foot, I think. But it's heavy snow.

It's absolutely gorgeous here too ..... I'm about to go out and start shovelling. The driveway entrance with the walls built up by the snow plow makes us look like a fortified castle. We lost power at some point last night, but it was back on by the time we got up.

Oh my..but it really is beautiful. Hope your tree is ok..
It's even prettier now that the sun is out. One tree has a huge branch down, but not all the way. That needs work sometime. It's right in front of the door. but it's hard to see in any pictures that I took that it is actually broken. It just looks weighed down. But I can see the crack from here.

Just beautiful!!!!!!!!
teeth_smile.gif

Dangerously beautiful .....
As I got closer to the road with my shovelling, I noticed a tree that was so weighed down with snow it had made a fairy tale, snow-laden, arch over the road ..... and then I saw the power lines entangled in the branches and being brought down with it and hot-footed back inside to call the power company and the town. They're not down yet, but it's looking pretty inevitable.
'Til then, on the other hand, shovelling was simply making me laugh. The completely hand shovelled "snow towers" either side of the driveway are now way above my head and because this is the really heavy, sticky stuff, each shovelful just added to the impressiveness (BTW, I stopped laughing when I got to the compacted, snow-plow-created, fortress walls at the end of the driveway)

Dangerously beautiful .....
As I got closer to the road with my shovelling, I noticed a tree that was so weighed down with snow it had made a fairy tale, snow-laden, arch over the road ..... and then I saw the power lines entangled in the branches and being brought down with it and hot-footed back inside to call the power company and the town. They're not down yet, but it's looking pretty inevitable.
'Til then, on the other hand, shovelling was simply making me laugh. The completely hand shovelled "snow towers" either side of the driveway are now way above my head and because this is the really heavy, sticky stuff, each shovelful just added to the impressiveness (BTW, I stopped laughing when I got to the compacted, snow-plow-created, fortress walls at the end of the driveway).
Yeah, the power keeps blipping on and off here. No sense in resetting the clocks until tomorrow.

It's pretty to look at but I don't miss it a bit!
regular_smile.gif
Hubs is back outside trying to move some of the snow the plow guy just shoved into a pile. There's no place left to put it except to blow it over the piles out onto the lawn. I told him I'd help him do it tomorrow, but he had a nap and he's bored.

It's pretty to look at but I don't miss it a bit!
regular_smile.gif
Hubs is back outside trying to move some of the snow the plow guy just shoved into a pile. There's no place left to put it except to blow it over the piles out onto the lawn. I told him I'd help him do it tomorrow, but he had a nap and he's bored.
It was sunny and warm enough today that I sat out on the porch for a few minutes, even though it was 28F when I got up to make breakfast.
teeth_smile.gif

Back