Asheville, NC

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
Guest asking for recommends for a B & B in Ashville. Do we have an innmate in or really near Ashville? Any prefers?

The Wright House Inn is excellent. The Inn on Montford is also good and I know them well. The White Gate Inn is also nice. Frank was at the conference in WV. The prices are not cheap though,

Hubs and I stayed at the Acorn Cottage B&B a few years ago. Nice little (affordable) Arts & Crafts Bungalow and a sweetheart of an Innkeeper....I believe her name was Sharon. I'm having a hard time tracking down her website now, though. Hope she's still there.

I just stayed at Oak Hill on Love Lane in Waynesville, NC...about 30 miles/mins from Asheville. They were wonderful innkeepers and it's a beautiful place. Much less expensive than right in Asheville but truly lovely.

Hubs and I stayed at the Acorn Cottage B&B a few years ago. Nice little (affordable) Arts & Crafts Bungalow and a sweetheart of an Innkeeper....I believe her name was Sharon. I'm having a hard time tracking down her website now, though. Hope she's still there..
For some reason that name seems familiar and I thought it was for sale but am not sure. Was this place back off Montford?

I just stayed at Oak Hill on Love Lane in Waynesville, NC...about 30 miles/mins from Asheville. They were wonderful innkeepers and it's a beautiful place. Much less expensive than right in Asheville but truly lovely..
Yes but if they want to be in Asheville...that's a long drive in every time they want to do something.
DIdn't we have an old inn mate in Waynesville? Inn at Iris Meadow ?

Waynesville is about 30 minutes from Asheville and it is the Inn at Iris Meadows. We were there a few years ago and it's lovely. Waynesville is a nice town, less hectic than Asheville. Becky and George are the innkeepers.

Waynesville is about 30 minutes from Asheville and it is the Inn at Iris Meadows. We were there a few years ago and it's lovely. Waynesville is a nice town, less hectic than Asheville. Becky and George are the innkeepers..
Oh yes, Waynesville is a very nice place. We were there several years ago. I just meant that if they wanted to do several things in Asheville, it would be a drive to do so and might not be as convenient.

Hubs and I stayed at the Acorn Cottage B&B a few years ago. Nice little (affordable) Arts & Crafts Bungalow and a sweetheart of an Innkeeper....I believe her name was Sharon. I'm having a hard time tracking down her website now, though. Hope she's still there..
For some reason that name seems familiar and I thought it was for sale but am not sure. Was this place back off Montford?
If you're talking about Acorn Cottage, I think it was on Duneston or a similar street name...I'n not overly familiar with the area, but it was just a few minutes from Biltmore in a wooded and hilly residential area.

Waynesville is about 30 minutes from Asheville and it is the Inn at Iris Meadows. We were there a few years ago and it's lovely. Waynesville is a nice town, less hectic than Asheville. Becky and George are the innkeepers..
Oh yes, Waynesville is a very nice place. We were there several years ago. I just meant that if they wanted to do several things in Asheville, it would be a drive to do so and might not be as convenient.
It is really not that bad of a drive from Waynesville to Asheville and I agree with Muirford that is definitely less hectic than Asheville and more of smaller town atmosphere in the mountains but still has some top notch restaurants. There are about a dozen B&B/inns in Waynesville, a few others in Maggie Valley and some other towns around there. I wasn't able to stay at Inn at Iris Meadows (they were closed for work on the property) but it's in the same area as the place I stayed & also lovely. I had a beautiful view of the mountains from the big porch of Oak Hill :)

Back