Asking guests to post to trip advisor

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandynn

Reaction score
I guess this would be marketing.
I would like to word my thank you e-mails with a line asking them to post on trip advisor without sounding blunt. I like it to be soft and kind. I am blank today.
In which ways would you say them posting helps? I am not fishing for a pat on the back by asking them to post. I want to say it in a way they see that. I can see that my guest love it here and I only wants posts for the benifit of helping my buisness.
regular_smile.gif

Any ideas?
sandynn

In my thank you email, I included a link to TA. Saying something like:
"if you would like to share some comments about your stay with us so that others can benefit from it, please click on this link to submit your comments to TripAdvisor.com." We hope you enjoyed your visit, we certainly enjoyed hosting you. Best wishes,

Don't beat around the bush!! Ask for those TA reviews!! We just had guests this weekend who booked us totally because of our TA reviews...totally!! They read the reviews for all the B&Bs & picked us. Yippee! AND they said that they will also post a good review. I always include the link in our thank you email unless I have a slight feeling that there might be a little something that they didn't quite gel with here. Do you know what I mean??

Don't beat around the bush!! Ask for those TA reviews!! We just had guests this weekend who booked us totally because of our TA reviews...totally!! They read the reviews for all the B&Bs & picked us. Yippee! AND they said that they will also post a good review. I always include the link in our thank you email unless I have a slight feeling that there might be a little something that they didn't quite gel with here. Do you know what I mean??.
Yep, I know what you mean....there are some I go into the thankyou email for and delete the section related to TripAdvisor. Nothing concrete, just a feeling

Don't beat around the bush!! Ask for those TA reviews!! We just had guests this weekend who booked us totally because of our TA reviews...totally!! They read the reviews for all the B&Bs & picked us. Yippee! AND they said that they will also post a good review. I always include the link in our thank you email unless I have a slight feeling that there might be a little something that they didn't quite gel with here. Do you know what I mean??.
Yep, I know what you mean....there are some I go into the thankyou email for and delete the section related to TripAdvisor. Nothing concrete, just a feeling
Yeah, it's weird but there have been a couple of folks where I just had a sense that they might not write a really good review, so I deleted the link and blurb about it. No sense in tempting fate.

I always ask my guest in person to post a review if they are online people.
After reading this post. I thought I'd check to see if I have a new one and indeed I did, here is what it said :
"B&B "done just right"! That's what we can say about Maggie & Damon's Mooseberry Inn. Others can take lessons from Maggie! Yes, we loved our stay and highly recommend this new and wonderful B&B. Come to breakfast hungry and ready for a top-notch meal, complete with enjoyable conversation with your host who clearly loves making your visit very special indeed."
Now this made my day :)
Not everyone will post, many say they will but don't, maybe later, but each single one makes a huge difference.
Here is to many great postings.....

After reading this post. I thought I'd check to see if I have a new one and indeed I did, here is what it said :
"B&B "done just right"! That's what we can say about Maggie & Damon's Mooseberry Inn. Others can take lessons from Maggie! Yes, we loved our stay and highly recommend this new and wonderful B&B. Come to breakfast hungry and ready for a top-notch meal, complete with enjoyable conversation with your host who clearly loves making your visit very special indeed."
Not everyone will post, many say they will but don't, maybe later, but each single one makes a huge difference.
Here is to many great postings......
Good for you!

Here is to many great postings......
Nice note from those guests. Congrats!

I, too, mention TA to those who seem internet savvy (which is a majority of my clientele). I tell them, if there's a problem, tell me, if it's wonderful, tell TA!
=)
Kk.

Back