Aspiring to perspiring - as they say!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrh

Reaction score
This is day 5 of our new adventure and it is absolutely wonderful!!!
Our first morning - New Years Day - we had 12 for breakfast, 5 the next day then one gal for the last 2 days. We are closed now for some remodelling and to get really moved in. The experience so far has just been excellent! Any aspirings out there who are fence sitting - jump right in
teeth_smile.gif

The PO is still helping us out a bit but we are getting more self sufficient already. I am back at my day job today but would really rather be up the hill at the Ave!
The relationships and bonds you form with your guests are just incredible. The little gal that checked out this morning was like seeing another one of our daughters leave the nest! The first morning a guest fixed my Great grandmother's Seth Thomas clock for me that hadn't worked for 20 years! Some people are reserving for their next stay as they leave! So cool.
We've had the photo shoots of the place and the animals and the website should be changing soon. Online training for reservations this morning, the bank and computer guy in tomorrow. Got my new remodel power tool today. Life is good.
The 10" of snow two days ago was cool too. The library lawn next door is quite the popular sledding hill. We even got to use our hot tub last night for the first time! Toasty buns and freezing hair - life is very good!
Oh yeah, we also threw in an open house on Saturday afternoon for all of our family in the area and close friends - probably 50 or so - all fun!
r

Sounds like the honeymoon is still going strong! May it last a lifetime!

May you enjoy every minute! For those minutes you don't enjoy - may you have the strength to proclaim aloud "What- ever!"
If you have mysteries - like "Why the guests did not touch the special anniversary cake you gave them and set up so nicely in their room as a surprise?" - then click here on the forum and ask away. Yeah that was me, first guests of the new year I wanted to make it extra special, flowers, a card and special awesomely decorated cake for two, gold cutlery, wedding plates and gold server on a tray in their room. Never said a word. INGRATES. I mean, bless their hearts.

Keep the positive attitude & you'll continue to be a success!
Welcome to this group of inn-mates
regular_smile.gif

Back