Astonishing Amenities

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder how many of those "amenities" had a fine print add-on fee or what the rate was to start with.

I wonder how many of those "amenities" had a fine print add-on fee or what the rate was to start with..
I know about 2 of the inns, the Erwin in Venice (and their tattoo package) and Cavallo Point Lodge in Sausalito (with its cooking school).
Neither are complimentary amenities.
Cavallo Point is a lovely place that has been amazingly restored. The service is impeccable. The location sublime. Their cooking school is great as are their other amenities. But classes are not free. Packages are available for guests that include the classes, so they can get a fairly good deal (generally in the 20% off range).
But of the 2 inns I know listed as having incredible amenities, the amenities are at a fee. As well they should be.
The article seems rather misleading to me since most guests are going to see amenities and think free.
IMHO

There are some good ones on there! I know Tipsy does a lot of them already with her supply of picnic stuff. I could actually do the cookies. And it reminds me it's time for new umbrellas.

I wonder how many of those "amenities" had a fine print add-on fee or what the rate was to start with..
I know about 2 of the inns, the Erwin in Venice (and their tattoo package) and Cavallo Point Lodge in Sausalito (with its cooking school).
Neither are complimentary amenities.
Cavallo Point is a lovely place that has been amazingly restored. The service is impeccable. The location sublime. Their cooking school is great as are their other amenities. But classes are not free. Packages are available for guests that include the classes, so they can get a fairly good deal (generally in the 20% off range).
But of the 2 inns I know listed as having incredible amenities, the amenities are at a fee. As well they should be.
The article seems rather misleading to me since most guests are going to see amenities and think free.
IMHO
I saw 'free' on the first couple of them and figured they were all free. Not the one that said the amenities were in the mini bar. And a couple sounded like you had to buy a package.

We went out to eat last night and when the hostess seated us she put out matchbooks with our name on them... I only made the reservation yesterday, so obviously they do them on site, but I kept wondering how I could apply it here.
=)
Kk.

We went out to eat last night and when the hostess seated us she put out matchbooks with our name on them... I only made the reservation yesterday, so obviously they do them on site, but I kept wondering how I could apply it here.
=)
Kk..
How did they know that you smoked? haha! Or burned candles? ;-)

Back