Quantcast

AT HOME: Bed and breakfast offers welcome retreat - INN the news 07.26.08

INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources

Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
AT HOME: Bed and breakfast offers welcome retreat
Grand Forks Herald - Grand Forks,ND,USA
The bed and breakfast was built during the period in which Victorian architecture was trendy, but was constructed in a classic, cruciform colonial style. ...

I like the pic of the owners. I feel like they would be fun to be around.
How many of you have your photo on your website? I will do a poll on that...

muirford

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Does anyone from VA know which B&B they had there?

EmptyNest

Reaction score
Does anyone from VA know which B&B they had there?.
??? I am confused..what are you referring to ? The Iloveinns article??? It was the Bleu Rock in near Sperrysville if that is the pub one.

muirford

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
??? I am confused..what are you referring to ? The Iloveinns article??? It was the Bleu Rock in near Sperrysville if that is the pub one.
No, I know that one. The one in the above article - it says they sold an inn in Washington, VA. Thoranssen is the last name, I think - now the article is requiring me to register to see it again.

EmptyNest

Reaction score
No, I know that one. The one in the above article - it says they sold an inn in Washington, VA. Thoranssen is the last name, I think - now the article is requiring me to register to see it again.
It must have been a while ago..or they were not BBAV members as I do not know their name. Nothing that I know of has sold very recently in Little Washington.
Except one partner bought out the other at the Inn at Little Washington for something like 5 millon!

muirford

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It must have been a while ago..or they were not BBAV members as I do not know their name. Nothing that I know of has sold very recently in Little Washington.
Except one partner bought out the other at the Inn at Little Washington for something like 5 millon!
I knew about Patrick's buyout of his partner, but was pretty sure it wasn't this couple
. There's the Middleton Inn there and maybe some others in the general vicinity. Thought you might have known them. I remember Peter talking about having a listing in Washington where their main business was overflow from the Inn there.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
I knew about Patrick's buyout of his partner, but was pretty sure it wasn't this couple
. There's the Middleton Inn there and maybe some others in the general vicinity. Thought you might have known them. I remember Peter talking about having a listing in Washington where their main business was overflow from the Inn there.
muirford said:
There is a Claiborne House there now. So far not too much marketing to conflict with another CH in the state.

EmptyNest

Reaction score
I know just about every "legitimate" inn in Little Washington. But maybe these were the folks that sold the Foster Harris House or Heritage House..but that was about 5 or 6 years ago. Peter did have the Foster Harris House lisitng. ALL the inns aound THE INN...would have no business if it weren't for their overflow:)