At the Fest

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Staff member
Reaction score
I made biz cards about the Thank You Veterans Project with web address that I was giving out to Vets yesterday. I gave a stack to Mrs. General O and they will give get the word out also. I printed more last night and will do more tonight when we get back.

great idea! We get a lot of military people here.... I'll do the same!

I'm still waiting on the OK-one draw backs to not owning your inn. Will ask again on Monday...time is running out, good idea!

Bed & Breakfasts Honor Vets
Have a Military ID or V A ID?

B & Bs nationwide offer

FREE Room - November 10, 2010

To choose a B & B for Veteran’s Day,

Go To

www.bnbsforvets.org
Printed 50 more tonight - I cannot get it to line up like I have it on the biz card - but you can see what it says.

Update: Last night I had dinner with the Commissioner of Tourism at the Lenders Dinner at the Fest. She invited me to the reception Tourism was having tonight for writers & organizers of the Fest. I took the biz cards for the Project. The writers were all coming up with ways they could promote it and web sites they could list it on! Have to print more in the morning - went through 50 today - and one of the men at the reception is the brother of a General! We have 2 Generals working this!!

Send it to any military base or post and you can promote it in 2 seconds. :) They all have newsletters.

Send it to any military base or post and you can promote it in 2 seconds. :) They all have newsletters..
There are all sorts of military news web sites. Our chamber does lots of promotions in some military mag in D.C. but I can't remember what it is

Send it to any military base or post and you can promote it in 2 seconds. :) They all have newsletters..
Most posts and bases have a newspaper. This could also be promoted through the different branches' morale and welfare organizations. For example, the army's is the U.S. Army MWR (family, morale, welfare and recreation).

Absolutely, the bases and military papers are the way to go with the military. There were people at the Fest from all over the Country - the man who commissioned DH to do a painting is from CO.
We also want to publicize this through the mainstream Media to let the Country know what B & Bs are doing for our military. The writers I spoke to thought it was special and the more writers I can get invoived writing articles or mentioning it in different venues, the better.

Back