Attachments from inquiry emails?

INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources

Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I just got an email from someone wanting to bring their pets with them. To show me how wonderful their pets are they attached a file purporting to be of the pets. Sorry, I don't open anything from strangers. I even read the email online.
Have you ever gotten photos in advance of the kids or the pets or the guests?

Suzie Q

Reaction score
No, just saying they had well-behaved pets or kids. Hubby says not to take pets or kids, so we don't. I have googled guests on occasion and viewed pics of them.

wendydk

Reaction score
Yes, photos of pets on numerous occasions...and even more "phone photos" of pets after they arrive.

seashanty

Staff member
Reaction score
no. and like you i am careful about opening attachments.
do they have a reservation with you?
how would pictures of a pet indicate how said pet would act/behave in your place?

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
no. and like you i am careful about opening attachments.
do they have a reservation with you?
how would pictures of a pet indicate how said pet would act/behave in your place?.
No reservation, only an inquiry. And, you got it...how is my looking at a pic going to tell me how well behaved the dogs are?
Sounds like another one of those 'the dog is so small it doesn't even go outside' stories, which I get on occasion. And why would I want a dog here that doesn't go outside? The last time I got one of those the girl was going to a wedding and was going to leave the dog in the room. 'Don't worry, it uses a piddle pad, doesn't even have to go outside.' No thanks.

gillumhouse

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never thank you very much. I look at my e-mails at the server before I ever bring up Outlook. I get rid of the 6 couples on their honeymoon and the 4 priests and whatever before they get to invade my computer.