Attack Of The ...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Highlands John

Reaction score
Interesting program on UK TV this week called Attach Of The TAs
Did anyone else see it?
It was quite scary to see some of the obsessive reviewers. One guy deliberately stays at places with the aim of writing a review. In the hotel featured he took a tea and coffee from the room to see if it would be replenished and then complained becuase it wasn't even though there was still ample tea/coffee on the tray. He put a dot on the bedsheet to see if this was changed when the room was cleaned and complained that it wasn't (after 1 night?) and went on about how terrible it was becuase he had a skin complaint (even though he never actually told the hotel that he had a skin problem or asked for the bed to be changed).
There was also a couple running a B&B/restaurant who'd had bad reviews, who did themsleves no favours at all. As part of the program they invited someone back who'd left a bad review for a meal. It started off all pleasant and "we hope you enjoy your meal" and ended up with the owners wife almost in tears at these peoples table telling them her life woes at which point the reviewer got up and walked out, affraid I'd have done the same.

whattha.gif

The guy with the skin thing has been pilloried all accross the internet pretty much sorry but change sheets every day comes under if you have any special requirements please let us know section he didn't and the owners arn't psychic sorry. Felt sorry for the woman in St ives but to be fair to the chaps that stayed most of the points they made were valid. (ie room had 2 windows with only one having curtains on it. Just outside nearby is a lighthouse so everytime the light swung round it flashed into the bedroom.) sorry but that is a rookie mistake and the loo brush was a bit icky. Felt sorry for the couple with the restaurant but they were seriously over reacting they read out a review that had 4 stars and they were fussing on about it. YOU GOT 4 STARS!! JUST SHUT UP!!! They had a woman and her two friends back who had written a 1 star review to try and convince her to withdraw it and it was very uncomfortable indeed. the point was made by the two friends as the woman walked out that they see it as a way to improve service and the restaurant people said what we all say is we want to know right away so we can improve your experience then and there! but they said Oh but people dont want a confrontation which is true but cowardly.
The chap that came of best had a slightly excentric B&B with quite a lot of how can I put this? erotic prints and stuffed animals everywhere. The chap staying said his main problem was not the place and that the owner was fine with him but he pointed out (and this is important for us all) that the management responses he put on made him look very bad and it was something he needed to really think about before he wrote anything.

I'll admit that I once, as a youth, put a tiny bit of dirt on the floor just to test if it disappeared after my mother cleaned the house. I thought it was a legitimate experiment, but it didn't go over well...at all...with the cleaning staff and I've never pulled such a thing again.
Youth is about learning lessons the hard way.

I'll admit that I once, as a youth, put a tiny bit of dirt on the floor just to test if it disappeared after my mother cleaned the house. I thought it was a legitimate experiment, but it didn't go over well...at all...with the cleaning staff and I've never pulled such a thing again.
Youth is about learning lessons the hard way..
Arkansawyer said:
Youth is about learning lessons the hard way.
There was a mother who had kids who never picked up after themselves. One day she did the test to them, she put a $20 bill under some articles of clothing or towel or something that all the kids walked over day after day. Then made a scene of discovering it under there one day. Too bad you didn't pick this up, it could have been yours! she smiled and said.

Back