Attracting Business Travelers

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heck FIVE nights would have made it even more attractive for me, you don't have a complete (room) turn every night and it's guaranteed business. 2 rooms x 5 nights x $60!! Not to mention the wienermobile. I would have arranged parking next door at the funeral home!!.
agoodman said:
Heck FIVE nights would have made it even more attractive for me, you don't have a complete (room) turn every night and it's guaranteed business. 2 rooms x 5 nights x $60!! Not to mention the wienermobile. I would have arranged parking next door at the funeral home!!
Not with a holiday weekend which most certainly will fill for full price...I would only have to fill one more room during the week to make up the difference. Nope, not worth it to me. I have never sold a room for less than $100 in the 10 years of innkeeping. That being said, I really am not disparaging anyone who's room rates can go that low....our properties are different, our amenities are different and our costs are different. Also, I know that my attitude would be terrible!

Location & convenience. That is their biggest requirement. If you have more amenities, comforts, and service than the hotel nearby...that is the icing on the cake.

Back