attractions on Tr I P Ad Viser

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey Camb

Reaction score
thought just out of curiosity I would put my "town attractions" into tr i p advi ser to see what came up. I was horrified as there was virtually nothing (15 and 5 were pubs which I do not consider proper attractions). If I was a person who didn't know my town and looked up on here to see what there was to do I wouldn't come. So I have spent all day merrily trying to think of attractions and have applied for them to be on to help improve the situation. Told various attractions about this and they were horrified they weren't on - ie our bustling theatre!, 2 museums for example not a look in. Just thought I would bring this to people's attention that its worth looking at what they have for your town.

Good to know! I'll be checking TA for our county's attractions too.

the only thing I had found when I was trying to add a cafe previously if it doesn't have a web site or at least some sort of prescence then they pretty much ignore it.

Our area has no attractions listed on TA. Where do you go on the TA website to submit attractions? I can see a "submit a review" button, but don't know how to add an attraction.
Edit: Ah, found it: http://goo.gl/rXcr2

Our area has no attractions listed on TA. Where do you go on the TA website to submit attractions? I can see a "submit a review" button, but don't know how to add an attraction.
Edit: Ah, found it: http://goo.gl/rXcr2.
its a bit of a faff this is why people give up. you have to log into your trip adviser account. then click on leave a review. it comes up what would you like to review, tick attraction, then a box comes up enter attraction name and city - ie biggest ball of twine in smallville, it will come up with No results for that search term, then scrole down and its says
Can't find what you're looking for?
Try a different spelling, and include the name of the city.
Still no luck? We may not yet list this hotel. Tell us more about it. We will look into it and e-mail you once we can accept your review. Still no luck? We may not yet list this attraction. Tell us more about it. We will look into it and e-mail you once we can accept your review.
then you click on tell us more about it and fill it all in. Once you have done it once it gets quicker and easier.

hmm thought I posted this but .. red wing mn shows events etc from the local tourist bureau. My local chamber of commerce is going to try and get on our cities page. It is a nice thing when you look at it.

its a bit of a faff this is why people give up. you have to log into your trip adviser account. then click on leave a review. it comes up what would you like to review, tick attraction, then a box comes up enter attraction name and city - ie biggest ball of twine in smallville, it will come up with No results for that search term, then scrole down and its says
Still no luck? We may not yet list this hotel. Tell us more about it. We will look into it and e-mail you once we can accept your review. Still no luck? We may not yet list this attraction. Tell us more about it. We will look into it and e-mail you once we can accept your review.
then you click on tell us more about it and fill it all in. Once you have done it once it gets quicker and easier.
its a bit of a faff...
Never heard of a faff before, but this sure IS one! I finally found a place to submit. Since it asks that you be an authorized person from the attraction, I was able to enter our county museum since I'm vice president of the museum board. Looks like they'll look it over and get it posted in a week or so...maybe.
If it works, I'll get authorization from our other attractions and get them listed too. Yes, they do want the attraction to have a website.
It's a faff, but since it's a one-time thing, it's worth the faffing trouble!

its a bit of a faff...
Never heard of a faff before, but this sure IS one! I finally found a place to submit. Since it asks that you be an authorized person from the attraction, I was able to enter our county museum since I'm vice president of the museum board. Looks like they'll look it over and get it posted in a week or so...maybe.
If it works, I'll get authorization from our other attractions and get them listed too. Yes, they do want the attraction to have a website.
thats weird cos when I do it I don't have to be anyone related to the attraction. Do you have a trip adviser account?

its a bit of a faff...
thats weird cos when I do it I don't have to be anyone related to the attraction. Do you have a trip adviser account?
Yes, I was logged in to my TA account. But I went through a different process from the one you found on the "add a review" button. The page I used (link in my post above) lets you add full description and other info about the attraction, photos, etc. but it's only for authorized people from the attraction.

its a bit of a faff...
Yes, I was logged in to my TA account. But I went through a different process from the one you found on the "add a review" button. The page I used (link in my post above) lets you add full description and other info about the attraction, photos, etc. but it's only for authorized people from the attraction.
The process I used is the same as if I was a customer who made a listing without telling the actual hotel and then you have to claim it. principle is the same you can set it up either way.

Also I am going to email the attraction people if and when they pop up to let them know to claim their listing and add photo's etc as they will have much better ones than me!

Back