Availability on Google+

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Highlands John

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to put availability onto my google+ entry.
google is showing two date boxes but when I put in dates that I know I have rooms it just says check with property owner (or sum such).
ive looked though all the setup stuff but can't find it.

One of the multitude of reasons I don't like g+ is the front and center placement of the availability link to booking dot com. Not allowing a link to our own engine in the same spot.

One of the multitude of reasons I don't like g+ is the front and center placement of the availability link to booking dot com. Not allowing a link to our own engine in the same spot..
Maybe a dumb question, have we ever had any discussion with Google?
I could see the logic of them not wanting or being able to connect with each of us individually, but it may be worth it to them and us if there was a way to connect with individual properties through MyAlocator or some intermediary

One of the multitude of reasons I don't like g+ is the front and center placement of the availability link to booking dot com. Not allowing a link to our own engine in the same spot..
I could see the logic of them not wanting or being able to connect with each of us individually, but it may be worth it to them and us if there was a way to connect with individual properties through MyAlocator or some intermediary
I would think you would need to get MyAllocator to hook into the Google API.

I just asked MyA and they are working on it, apparently.

If Facebook can figure out how to let you link to your own calendar without charging you for it, my guess is it means Google won't do it because there's nothing in it for them.
So, sure, thru myallocator they can figure it out, because it pays.

If Facebook can figure out how to let you link to your own calendar without charging you for it, my guess is it means Google won't do it because there's nothing in it for them.
Well, more people need to tell MA to do it. Or tell John at RK to do it. An API usually makes it MUCH easier and Google is known for not just documenting but helping with testing the API connection.

Well, more people need to tell MA to do it. Or tell John at RK to do it. An API usually makes it MUCH easier and Google is known for not just documenting but helping with testing the API connection.
At one point John from RK said he was going to work with Gggle API. Post it on the RK forum and we can get a bunch of folks here to chime in.

There must be some way to tell Google what availability calendar you are using, surely?
When we signed up for Trip Connect there was a pull down of about 40-50 booking systems they could connect to, isn't there something like this in Goo+ or am I being naive? I just want it to connect to FreeToBook.

There must be some way to tell Google what availability calendar you are using, surely?
When we signed up for Trip Connect there was a pull down of about 40-50 booking systems they could connect to, isn't there something like this in Goo+ or am I being naive? I just want it to connect to FreeToBook.
The only thing they connect to is something that will pay them every time a reservation is made from that link. You should be able to just enter the URL for your property, but they can't collect any money from that, so no link capability.

https://developers.google.com/hotels/hotel-prices/api-reference/

https://developers.google.com/hotels/hotel-prices/api-reference/
I looked at the API docs and its pretty easy to use. When I write the booking system for my site I'll be using APIs for many different services and the one you linked to will be one of them I use.
Generic said:

Back