Quantcast

'awful, terrible, no good, very bad day ...'

INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources

Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

seashanty

Staff member
Reaction score
well, we were going fishing today ..........

seashanty

Staff member
Reaction score
wind ... tall tree ... snap, crackle ... smashed windshield, smashed fishing boat. insurer says he'll come out some time monday ... but we can go ahead and clean up. *thanks*

The Farmers Daughter

Reaction score
wind ... tall tree ... snap, crackle ... smashed windshield, smashed fishing boat. insurer says he'll come out some time monday ... but we can go ahead and clean up. *thanks*.
Bummer! I hope it goes well with the insurance people. I had a tree branch fall on my horse trailer and it took a loooong time to get it resolved. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

seashanty

Staff member
Reaction score
by the way ... there is another truck and a car under there. but no people! thank goodness.

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
That's awful! Glad no one was hurt.

YellowSocks

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh nooooooo!!!!!!
So sorry!!
=)
Kk.

SweetiePie

Reaction score
wind ... tall tree ... snap, crackle ... smashed windshield, smashed fishing boat. insurer says he'll come out some time monday ... but we can go ahead and clean up. *thanks*.
Was it a tornado or microburst? That's a lot of damage.

Samster

Reaction score
OMG!!! I see that in the last picture. How awful for you! Thank goodness no one was hurt. Best of luck with the insurance claims.

Copperhead

Reaction score
So sorry SS. Not a good day! Hope all goes well on Monday with the adjuster.

gillumhouse

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Downright nasty! How dare that tree nail your boat! Just glad no one was hurt. Boats & trucks are replaceable.

ukmaineiac

Reaction score
Holy Moly - Wow SS - I'm so sorry. I'm just really happy you were no where near it.

seashanty

Staff member
Reaction score
family members with chainsaws cleared as much as they could safely handle. tree service estimate $$ given and accepted this morning ... they are coming tomorrow with equipment and knowledge and ropes and cables and insurance to remove the rest of the tree. the truck hood and roof of truck cab are supporting hundreds of pounds of remaining tree ... parts of tree are embedded in truck hood. branches are bent and when released may fly in crazy directions so it will have to be secured and cut methodically. very dangerous. no insurance for tree removal as there is no house damage ..... did not have coverage for this.
i suppose there is some humor in this situation, but i don't see it right now .....

Samster

Reaction score
family members with chainsaws cleared as much as they could safely handle. tree service estimate $$ given and accepted this morning ... they are coming tomorrow with equipment and knowledge and ropes and cables and insurance to remove the rest of the tree. the truck hood and roof of truck cab are supporting hundreds of pounds of remaining tree ... parts of tree are embedded in truck hood. branches are bent and when released may fly in crazy directions so it will have to be secured and cut methodically. very dangerous. no insurance for tree removal as there is no house damage ..... did not have coverage for this.
i suppose there is some humor in this situation, but i don't see it right now .....
I guess the rest of us will be looking at the coverage on our auto, home, and business policies. What a mess! I feel so bad for you.....