'awful, terrible, no good, very bad day ...'

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
well, we were going fishing today ..........
treeone_1.jpg
treetwo.jpg
treethree.jpg

wind ... tall tree ... snap, crackle ... smashed windshield, smashed fishing boat. insurer says he'll come out some time monday ... but we can go ahead and clean up. *thanks*

wind ... tall tree ... snap, crackle ... smashed windshield, smashed fishing boat. insurer says he'll come out some time monday ... but we can go ahead and clean up. *thanks*.
Bummer! I hope it goes well with the insurance people. I had a tree branch fall on my horse trailer and it took a loooong time to get it resolved. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

by the way ... there is another truck and a car under there. but no people! thank goodness.

wind ... tall tree ... snap, crackle ... smashed windshield, smashed fishing boat. insurer says he'll come out some time monday ... but we can go ahead and clean up. *thanks*.
Was it a tornado or microburst? That's a lot of damage.

OMG!!! I see that in the last picture. How awful for you! Thank goodness no one was hurt. Best of luck with the insurance claims.

Downright nasty! How dare that tree nail your boat! Just glad no one was hurt. Boats & trucks are replaceable.

Holy Moly - Wow SS - I'm so sorry. I'm just really happy you were no where near it.

family members with chainsaws cleared as much as they could safely handle. tree service estimate $$ given and accepted this morning ... they are coming tomorrow with equipment and knowledge and ropes and cables and insurance to remove the rest of the tree. the truck hood and roof of truck cab are supporting hundreds of pounds of remaining tree ... parts of tree are embedded in truck hood. branches are bent and when released may fly in crazy directions so it will have to be secured and cut methodically. very dangerous. no insurance for tree removal as there is no house damage ..... did not have coverage for this.
i suppose there is some humor in this situation, but i don't see it right now .....
truckhood.jpg

family members with chainsaws cleared as much as they could safely handle. tree service estimate $$ given and accepted this morning ... they are coming tomorrow with equipment and knowledge and ropes and cables and insurance to remove the rest of the tree. the truck hood and roof of truck cab are supporting hundreds of pounds of remaining tree ... parts of tree are embedded in truck hood. branches are bent and when released may fly in crazy directions so it will have to be secured and cut methodically. very dangerous. no insurance for tree removal as there is no house damage ..... did not have coverage for this.
i suppose there is some humor in this situation, but i don't see it right now .....
truckhood.jpg
I guess the rest of us will be looking at the coverage on our auto, home, and business policies. What a mess! I feel so bad for you.....

Back