awkward situation or comedy sketch?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MooseTrax

Reaction score
got an online booking today from a guest whose name sounded very familiar. all the right information was there, name, general location and email from comapny this person worked for way back wehn. i had to call to confirm what i suspected- former flame. when i called i said it was camille from the 'abc b&b' and was jack there? he recognized the name and voice right away. still wants to stay with his third wife. thrid wife? can you say 'dodged a bullet'?
anyway, what do you all think? would you think this was an awkward situation or a comedy sketch? this is a college romance of fairly long duration but it ended sadly and neither of us looked back. this is the first i've heard of or from him since college. they're coming, neither of us cancelled the reservation. after we talked- and i talked with dh- it seemed like no big deal. but i wonder?

No big deal... but you might stick to your dh a lot while he's there. It was ages ago, right? Do about the same amount of catching up you'd do with any college buddy and enjoy your visit.
And yes, it definitely sounds like you dodged a bullet there!!
=)
Kk.

Oh my goodness! This might be the time to schedule several things that will keep you out of the house or that will allow your partner to be the "face" of the biz.

A couple has booked a room. So you knew him years ago - bet you anything neither of you is the same person you were then for one thing AND you have Mr. Wonderful now (it sounds as if he was a slow learner - my sister took three tries to get it right).
So you check them in as usual and just be yourself - Ima Jean Innkeeper.

You didn't graduate from college in the last couple of years, right?
wink_smile.gif
What's the big deal? I would think it would be interesting to see what happened to the guy.

the votes are in- comedy sketch.
he's a millionaire, the third wife works at Hooters and he's on meds for ED.
ain't life grand.

ain't life grand..
I would call that PERFECT!! It is true that there are some things money cannot buy!

ain't life grand..
MooseTrax said:
I don't even want to know how you found out about #3. He's a millionaire and she still works at Hooters? This could be a whole chapter of a book, maybe even a novella on its own.

ain't life grand..
MooseTrax said:
I don't even want to know how you found out about #3. He's a millionaire and she still works at Hooters? This could be a whole chapter of a book, maybe even a novella on its own.
muirford said:
MooseTrax said:
amazing but true that came up in conversation. we all went out for dinner and were sitting at the bar waiting for a table. she went to the ladies and he opened his wallet and showed me these pills. said, 'i bet you know what these are for,' and looked in dh's direction. totally- and i mean totally- baffled i said i didn't. there was a bit of a pause and he told me. when we got back home i told dh and he was astonished. why guys tell me this stuff i won't even try to guess. and he probably wishes he hadn't said a thing given it's obvious i don't know what those pills are.
teeth_smile.gif

it was an enlightening evening. in spite of a fairly poor track record with guys, my radar must have worked well enough to avoid marrying the worst of them. tee hee.

ain't life grand..
What a hoot! Pun sort of intended! Life is definitely strange.

ain't life grand..
MooseTrax said:
muirford said:
MooseTrax said:
amazing but true that came up in conversation. we all went out for dinner and were sitting at the bar waiting for a table. she went to the ladies and he opened his wallet and showed me these pills. said, 'i bet you know what these are for,' and looked in dh's direction. totally- and i mean totally- baffled i said i didn't. there was a bit of a pause and he told me. when we got back home i told dh and he was astonished. why guys tell me this stuff i won't even try to guess. and he probably wishes he hadn't said a thing given it's obvious i don't know what those pills are.
teeth_smile.gif

it was an enlightening evening. in spite of a fairly poor track record with guys, my radar must have worked well enough to avoid marrying the worst of them. tee hee.
Oh my! This is TOO MUCH INFORMATION. yeah...you need to write a book!

Back