Aye yai yai

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
She wakes up and begins breakfast only to realize she forgot to buy eggs yesterday!
I was able to wing it. I had enough fruit and bacon and made a deluxe non-egg dish.
Aye yai yai what was I thinking! The guests were sitting at the table early having coffee there and planning their day...

YIKES!
chef.gif

Yeah, fortunately I was able to get by... I just got in from buying a few dozen eggs. I went for the eggs as soon as the guests left, can't be left out in the cold again!
I too, have had this fear. First time it has happened.
My potatoes were sprouting too, our dang kitchen is so hot in the summer time! (So I couldn't use them, they got tossed).

I did the same thing this week with sausages, had to go and buy some supermarket ones to tide me over until I had a chance to get the butchers today.
But whilst I was in the butchers today I realised that since I ran out no-one has asked for a breakfast that involves sausage (which is very unusual).

Thank goodness for PLAN B!
Glad you made it through. One of the signs of a great innkeeper is being able to think on their feet. You certainly did that today!

Yikers!! One of the groceries had eggs on sale last week so I stocked up - however, the night before I stocked, I realized I was lw on eggs and wes going to go to the store after the guests arrived (you know how Murphy is, leave and they come). By the time they got here, the store closed (10 PM) so I bit the bullet and went to the G o-M art for a dozen. I was surprised that they were only about 6 cents more than the grocery. Then I did what I only do at a gas station - bought a scratch-off lottery ticket. I won $15!!!

Yikers!! One of the groceries had eggs on sale last week so I stocked up - however, the night before I stocked, I realized I was lw on eggs and wes going to go to the store after the guests arrived (you know how Murphy is, leave and they come). By the time they got here, the store closed (10 PM) so I bit the bullet and went to the G o-M art for a dozen. I was surprised that they were only about 6 cents more than the grocery. Then I did what I only do at a gas station - bought a scratch-off lottery ticket. I won $15!!!.
cheers.gif

You know our little markets here in our county (American family owned - I have not seen these anywhere else) have local eggs and are always fresh! I am never in them, but when I have been I always get eggs, and homegrown mators! It is hit and miss what they have, but at times I am pleasantly surprised.

Yikers!! One of the groceries had eggs on sale last week so I stocked up - however, the night before I stocked, I realized I was lw on eggs and wes going to go to the store after the guests arrived (you know how Murphy is, leave and they come). By the time they got here, the store closed (10 PM) so I bit the bullet and went to the G o-M art for a dozen. I was surprised that they were only about 6 cents more than the grocery. Then I did what I only do at a gas station - bought a scratch-off lottery ticket. I won $15!!!.
cheers.gif

You know our little markets here in our county (American family owned - I have not seen these anywhere else) have local eggs and are always fresh! I am never in them, but when I have been I always get eggs, and homegrown mators! It is hit and miss what they have, but at times I am pleasantly surprised.
Joey Bloggs said:
It is hit and miss what they have, but at times I am pleasantly surprised.
"Life" is like that, too :)

My chamber maid has been doing breakfast for someone else and goes spare -
Got there all milk off
all yogurt off
whole commercial tray of bread about 10 loaves - all off

cheers.gif

Our "quick" markets here have no "real" food except a limited quantity of whole or 2% milk. All they have is junk food - chips, sodas, high sugar processed "bakery type" items, snacks, candy - and lots of beer. There's not a produce item in them...not even a old banana or dried up apple. I tried to buy milk a few times and couldn't believe it...
Thank goodness the grocery stores increased their hours for egg emergencies, but we have no 24 hour food store here.

cheers.gif

Our "quick" markets here have no "real" food except a limited quantity of whole or 2% milk. All they have is junk food - chips, sodas, high sugar processed "bakery type" items, snacks, candy - and lots of beer. There's not a produce item in them...not even a old banana or dried up apple. I tried to buy milk a few times and couldn't believe it...
Thank goodness the grocery stores increased their hours for egg emergencies, but we have no 24 hour food store here.
I do have a 24-hour grocery but it is 14 miles away. Most of our gas stations are convenience stores and do carry staples - bread, milk, eggs, cookies, crackers....

cheers.gif

I do have a 24-hour grocery but it is 14 miles away. Most of our gas stations are convenience stores and do carry staples - bread, milk, eggs, cookies, crackers....
We are super spoilt as have a walmart 24 hours (MON-Sat and 10am-4pm on a sunday) and that about 6 minutes walk if I trot. We also have a small super market that does 7am-11pm monday-Sunday which does all the basics.

Not long ago we had a last min. booking with a child on an otherwise empty night and they requested an early breakfast. It was not until I woke up that I realized we did not have milk. Rushed DH to the grocery store only to find out that NONE of them opened until 8, so he stopped at a conv. store. The irony is that they were CHEAPer than either of the gro. stores on the milk. You never know!!!

What's that old joke?
My wife thinks she's a chicken.
Did you take her to see a doctor?
No, we need the eggs.

Back