B&B contest to 'Salute our Troops' on Memorial Day

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
[FONT= 'Times New Roman']B&B contest to 'Salute our Troops' on Memorial Day[/FONT]
The Virginian-Pilot
This is the second year for "Salute our Troops," sponsored by the Eastern Shore Bed and Breakfast Association and the Eastern Shore Tourism Commission.

http://www.esvatourism.org/salute/
For the second year in a row, B&B, seasonal rental and boutique inn owners on the Eastern Shore of Virginia are hosting “Salute Our Troops” in honor of Memorial Day during the month of May 2010.
Twenty-eight (28) participating Eastern Shore lodging properties are offering a total of fifty (50) FREE one-night stays to active military personnel as a tribute to their military service. We want to recognize the sacrifice our men and women in uniform and their families make every day.

I knew about this from last year. It is collecting names and addresses and Memorial Day honors the dead. That is the difference between this one and the November Thank You Veterans when the living Veterans are honored. We are now up to 17 States for November.
No matter how it is done or when, I am happy the military is being recognized.

It is also the start of the "season" for the eastern shore and works to bring to light the B&B's and tourism there. This is a promotion, if it were not then each inn can and should contact their local armory and just give them a GC for the free night, right?
If you promote it, then it is a promotion. What is given in private is rewarded.

It is also the start of the "season" for the eastern shore and works to bring to light the B&B's and tourism there. This is a promotion, if it were not then each inn can and should contact their local armory and just give them a GC for the free night, right?
If you promote it, then it is a promotion. What is given in private is rewarded..
We will be promoting because we have to for the Veterans to know we are doing it. We are just saying make your reservation with the inn - no submit a form or essay, Just make the reservation at a participating inn.
Muirford's DH has a domain reserved for listing/finding participating inns. When he gets it up we will just refer everyone to that site (and I sincerely hope he credits his inn with a thank you for creating the site)

Muirford's DH
thumbs_up.gif
Thanks!

'Salute Our Troops' winners announced
Tasley Eastern Shore News

[FONT= 'Times New Roman']By Danielle Turner • Staff Writer • May 15, 2010 ONANCOCK -- The Eastern Shore Bed and Breakfast Association recently partnered with the Eastern Shore of ...[/FONT]

'Salute Our Troops' winners announced
Tasley Eastern Shore News

[FONT= 'Times New Roman']By Danielle Turner • Staff Writer • May 15, 2010 ONANCOCK -- The Eastern Shore Bed and Breakfast Association recently partnered with the Eastern Shore of ...[/FONT].
And one set of innkeepers - they state, "Both of us were tired of our busy jobs and were looking for not retirement but for a slower pace, and a change in lifestyle."
And I am certain they found a slower pace as innkeepers! Definitely found a different lifestyle. Has anyone here "slowed down" since they became innkeepers? My "to do" list is always a mile long - even when I get to working on it!

Back