B&B Doctor

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBBdoctor

Reaction score
I am a designer and project manager who has worked in the corporate and retail industry analysing and advising those, who due to their intimate involvement, can no longer see the bigger picture on where they need to concentrate their efforts to revitalise their failing businesses. I have decided to create a business that will help those who have a B&B to take a fresh look at their business, advise where improvements can be made, price structuring and how to manipulate and get the best out of online marketing. The idea is to offer, for a minimum fee, a constructive consultation where I would visit your B&B, possible as a secret guest, with the option to extend that help with marketing, photography, web design and an ongoing oversee of the business for a nominal monthly fee.
I would be fascinated to hear your views on this and whether you think this could help your business to re-establish itself as a growing concern. Look forward to hearing from you all.

TheBBdoctor said:
I am a designer and project manager who has worked in the corporate and retail industry analysing and advising those, who due to their intimate involvement, can no longer see the bigger picture on where they need to concentrate their efforts to revitalise their failing businesses. I have decided to create a business that will help those who have a B&B to take a fresh look at their business, advise where improvements can be made, price structuring and how to manipulate and get the best out of online marketing. The idea is to offer, for a minimum fee, a constructive consultation where I would visit your B&B, possible as a mystery guest, with the option to extend that help with marketing, photography, web design and an ongoing oversee of the business for a nominal monthly fee.
I would be fascinated to hear your views on this and whether you think this could help your business to re-establish itself as a growing concern. Look forward to hearing from you all.

TheBBdoctor said:
I am a designer and project manager who has worked in the corporate and retail industry analysing and advising those, who due to their intimate involvement, can no longer see the bigger picture on where they need to concentrate their efforts to revitalise their failing businesses. I have decided to create a business that will help those who have a B&B to take a fresh look at their business, advise where improvements can be made, price structuring and how to manipulate and get the best out of online marketing. The idea is to offer, for a minimum fee, a constructive consultation where I would visit your B&B, possible as a mystery guest, with the option to extend that help with marketing, photography, web design and an ongoing oversee of the business for a nominal monthly fee.
Wish you good luck in your plan for a new career, but during the time I have been a member of this forum I've come to consider the folks here to be the experts willing to share their successful ideas for the benefit of all, it would seem you are offering to sell that which is being offered on the forum for free.

So what do you know about the B&B industry that you feel you are an expert?

This made me laugh. The idea of Secret Guest vs. Innkeeper's Radar. Do we get a discount on services if we spot you?
I suspect that most of us old hands are aware of changes that are needed, but have a hard time justifying the expense, particularly when the marketplace for traditional B&B is being affected by Air and Exp.
I have btw decided it's time to upgrade website ...

This made me laugh. The idea of Secret Guest vs. Innkeeper's Radar. Do we get a discount on services if we spot you?
I suspect that most of us old hands are aware of changes that are needed, but have a hard time justifying the expense, particularly when the marketplace for traditional B&B is being affected by Air and Exp.
I have btw decided it's time to upgrade website ....
With the invasion of Air and all the lawsuits that are being found to be filed plus the cost of insurance, real estate taxes, amd fees over and above the costs of web site, and other marketing, I am trying to decide if it is worth the effort.

Back