B&B Fire

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She said that the people that booked the room felt they aren't liable for the event, and I agree with them. The only person who's 100% liable for this is the dimwit who lit the candle.
If I were your friend, I would demand compensation for the loss of use and the repair/replacement costs from that person. If she doesn't comply, there's always small claims court.

She said that the people that booked the room felt they aren't liable for the event, and I agree with them. The only person who's 100% liable for this is the dimwit who lit the candle.
If I were your friend, I would demand compensation for the loss of use and the repair/replacement costs from that person. If she doesn't comply, there's always small claims court..
TLE041 said:
If I were your friend, I would demand compensation for the loss of use and the repair/replacement costs from that person. If she doesn't comply, there's always small claims court.
Thanks, I skimmed that and read it wrong. Interesting concept though, the person who actually booked the room IS the one held liable in the end, in my book. It would have to be their problem to work it out with the arsonist.

I spoke with my insurance agent yesterday (State Farm) and was told that MY insurance would cover the damages of such an event, but that the insurance company would definitely go after the guest to recoup.

I have relayed the jist of all your comments to my friend and have encouraged her to join us on the forum. She said she appreciates the support!

Back