B&B for sale in Calvert, TX

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my, if their occupancy is reasonable that looks like a great deal!! Don't know how much repairs are needed or monthly costs but I actually looked at one in Calvert a couple of years ago

I'm late seeing this but it's not really near anything. Calvert is too far from College Station to get A&M business and there's no real tourism there. It's a cool building but this is a good case for a cautionary tale of why you can't just renovate an old building as a B&B and expect to get a lot of business. :-(

I'm late seeing this but it's not really near anything. Calvert is too far from College Station to get A&M business and there's no real tourism there. It's a cool building but this is a good case for a cautionary tale of why you can't just renovate an old building as a B&B and expect to get a lot of business. :-(

I'm late seeing this but it's not really near anything. Calvert is too far from College Station to get A&M business and there's no real tourism there. It's a cool building but this is a good case for a cautionary tale of why you can't just renovate an old building as a B&B and expect to get a lot of business. :-(.
Samster said:
I was thinking the exact same thing. It's also too far from Roundtop, so the bi-annual Marburger Farms Antique Show would not be a draw either. Interesting house, but I also would like to see what kind of returns it received. I can't believe it would be worth the investment as a B&B.

Loved the before and after shots. Was tickled by the lock renewal shots. We have the same ones. Wouldn't include on the website though. I think guests want to know what you have to offer them n o w, not what you went through to get to that point.

Loved the before and after shots. Was tickled by the lock renewal shots. We have the same ones. Wouldn't include on the website though. I think guests want to know what you have to offer them n o w, not what you went through to get to that point..
NW Natterbug said:
Loved the before and after shots. Was tickled by the lock renewal shots. We have the same ones. Wouldn't include on the website though. I think guests want to know what you have to offer them n o w, not what you went through to get to that point.
Old house nuts. We get a lot of them. They all want to know what did we do to the building. Easy to post and forget about and they get to scout it out in their own time.

Well, the local Tea and Gala looked tasty. But without through traffic, it is hard to be a destination, especially in the era of Interstates and Google. If I had a slightly different local zip code, it would be worth an estimated 5% more in occupancy. Location, location, ...

Back