B&B for veterans

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are now full, too! Started off just with 2 rooms but decided to open it up to the 4 rooms that were available. We've had lots of calls today too! At least 6 that we've directed back to the website. Good idea about inviting the recruiter for breakfast, Mountain Inn - think we'll do something similar.

We are now full, too! Started off just with 2 rooms but decided to open it up to the 4 rooms that were available. We've had lots of calls today too! At least 6 that we've directed back to the website. Good idea about inviting the recruiter for breakfast, Mountain Inn - think we'll do something similar..
We gave all 4 rooms at first and then gave another 4 on the 11th as well, as I just could not take the pitiful disappointment I was hearing when saying we were full. Hubby said, okay stop now, or I don't know when I would have. Getting about a half dozen calls a day now. Plus I can see a lot more than usual are checking availability. This really hit a need out there. But I'm thinking of leaving all the " sorry - full" info on my phone message and just not answering for awhile!

Perhaps you need a drawing for next year, have it ALL ONLINE and they can enter to win. Just a suggestion...the more publicity the more people want it for free.
Eastern Shore B&B's did it that way, you will also have a list of those interesting for future special events/discounts. Let them tick the box to say they are interested.
8 out of every 10 people in this community have served in the military and we are with a couple hours of the biggest naval base in the world, not to mention Pentagon, and every military base/post/outlet near there and DC..
We have donated ALL of our Guest Rooms to Veterans (5 Rooms) and are picking the winners by a lottery. So far we have had about 20 requests in 2 days.

I only had 1 room available because the other 2 are full. If they had not been full, I would have offered all 3 for the night.
After it hit the paper here in Lincoln, I got 1 or 2 calls every day.

I don't know how beneficial the link update will be for us. All our contacts have been local because of our website. I plan to spend some time tomorrow adding Colorado links to our ad on our homepage.
Scratch that. I just updated the link to B&Bs for Vets since y'all are doing the heavy lifting on this one. I'm so proud of how Colorado B&Bs have stepped up to the plate.
Thanks, Gillumhouse, for taking the lead on this one!
Tom.
We are now FULL for the November 10 bed and breakfasts for vets event. Not certain what particular piece of media was released yesterday, but our phones started ringing mid afternoon and up until past midnight. Started again at O'dark 30 this morning. We had first planned to give away one room, have now given away two rooms to the first callers.

We just had a call for a room from our local recruiter - since our 2 committed rooms are full, we are considering inviting the recruiter and his wife to breakfast on the morning of November 11. We are WOWed with the response.

We sent news releases last week to our local and regional media outlets.

Thanks to all of you and particularly to Kathleen and Thomas Shepherd's Jeanne and Jim for your work on a great project!!!

Becky, in western NC
Wonder when the hotels will start doing the same.
Arkansawyer said:
I hope the hotels NEVER try to do this. They have no reason to. The credit should stay with the B&B's (and Kathleen, of course). The hotels are already trying to be something they're not - I'm thinking particularly thinking of the marketing e-mails that I've received from The Homestead touting their 'bed and breakfast' special. Pllluuuhhheeessseee!!
sad_smile.gif

I don't know how beneficial the link update will be for us. All our contacts have been local because of our website. I plan to spend some time tomorrow adding Colorado links to our ad on our homepage.
Scratch that. I just updated the link to B&Bs for Vets since y'all are doing the heavy lifting on this one. I'm so proud of how Colorado B&Bs have stepped up to the plate.
Thanks, Gillumhouse, for taking the lead on this one!
Tom.
We are now FULL for the November 10 bed and breakfasts for vets event. Not certain what particular piece of media was released yesterday, but our phones started ringing mid afternoon and up until past midnight. Started again at O'dark 30 this morning. We had first planned to give away one room, have now given away two rooms to the first callers.

We just had a call for a room from our local recruiter - since our 2 committed rooms are full, we are considering inviting the recruiter and his wife to breakfast on the morning of November 11. We are WOWed with the response.

We sent news releases last week to our local and regional media outlets.

Thanks to all of you and particularly to Kathleen and Thomas Shepherd's Jeanne and Jim for your work on a great project!!!

Becky, in western NC
oops...duplicate.

Perhaps you need a drawing for next year, have it ALL ONLINE and they can enter to win. Just a suggestion...the more publicity the more people want it for free.
Eastern Shore B&B's did it that way, you will also have a list of those interesting for future special events/discounts. Let them tick the box to say they are interested.
8 out of every 10 people in this community have served in the military and we are with a couple hours of the biggest naval base in the world, not to mention Pentagon, and every military base/post/outlet near there and DC..
We have donated ALL of our Guest Rooms to Veterans (5 Rooms) and are picking the winners by a lottery. So far we have had about 20 requests in 2 days.
I am sorry to hear you are picking by lottery. That is what the Eastern Shore does in May and what separates us from that is that we are not gathering leads - it is first come gets the rooms - nor are we like a group on the west coast who did a version of "Queen for a Day" an 1950s TV show that the best sob story of why they should win got the big prize.
Eastern Shore wrote to Jay and to me wanting credit for startig this program with what they do. That assoc is ticked at the publicity our Veterans Day has received.

I am sorry to hear you are picking by lottery. That is what the Eastern Shore does in May and what separates us from that is that we are not gathering leads - it is first come gets the rooms - nor are we like a group on the west coast who did a version of "Queen for a Day" an 1950s TV show that the best sob story of why they should win got the big prize.
Eastern Shore wrote to Jay and to me wanting credit for startig this program with what they do. That assoc is ticked at the publicity our Veterans Day has received.
gillumhouse said:
If they wanted publicity they should have worked it like you did, Kathleen. Besides, you have been doing this for a number of years. THis is not the first year.
RIki

Actually there was an Inn up north that was the first. A single inn, and I saw this a few years back and we began to put it together. It was an innspiring group originally, not across the board. The Eastern Shore inns group who had this promotion did so a few years ago as well, as I posted it inn the news on the forum.

Back