B&B for Vets 2011

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ice

Reaction score
I got a request for a reservation. What would you do?
rolleyes.gif

Take it!
I had some of last year's Vets ask if we were doing that again. They want to come back.

I believe we are going to set the date for B & Bs For Vets to be the Wednesday of the week of Veteran's Day. If we make it Nov 10 as in the past, it will eventually migrate to a weekend. I do not believe we can afford to give up a weekend like we can a weekday. I have already had inns contact me about wanting to do it. We have given it over to PAII as they have the ability t handle it better for the signing up and marking FULL. The natives are restless earlier than expected. We expected to start in August.

I believe we are going to set the date for B & Bs For Vets to be the Wednesday of the week of Veteran's Day. If we make it Nov 10 as in the past, it will eventually migrate to a weekend. I do not believe we can afford to give up a weekend like we can a weekday. I have already had inns contact me about wanting to do it. We have given it over to PAII as they have the ability t handle it better for the signing up and marking FULL. The natives are restless earlier than expected. We expected to start in August..
Giving this some thought, why not make it for the Thursday of the week of Veteran's Day. This way it could possibly lead to some choosing to stay over the weekend... Some that are not busy during this time could choose to run a special (personal choice) to entice them to make a weekend of it.
Just my 2 cents!!!

I believe we are going to set the date for B & Bs For Vets to be the Wednesday of the week of Veteran's Day. If we make it Nov 10 as in the past, it will eventually migrate to a weekend. I do not believe we can afford to give up a weekend like we can a weekday. I have already had inns contact me about wanting to do it. We have given it over to PAII as they have the ability t handle it better for the signing up and marking FULL. The natives are restless earlier than expected. We expected to start in August..
Giving this some thought, why not make it for the Thursday of the week of Veteran's Day. This way it could possibly lead to some choosing to stay over the weekend... Some that are not busy during this time could choose to run a special (personal choice) to entice them to make a weekend of it.
Just my 2 cents!!!
I forwarded this to Jay - my only comment was EXCELLENT IDEA!

Is there any new news on this? I was just talking with some folks from the Coast Guard who missed out last year but I didn't want to give them a date until I knew for sure.

Is there any new news on this? I was just talking with some folks from the Coast Guard who missed out last year but I didn't want to give them a date until I knew for sure..
Last I heard from Jay, he was going to discuss it with the BWTS committee. I did pass on the suggestion fom Copperhead that made great sense - make it the Thursday of Veteran's Day Week to make a long weekend possible - that was when I heard from him. Nothing since. Thought was to make it on a set weekday since Nov 10 migrates through the week and who can afford to give up a weekend? Nothing is set yet to my knowledge. But what do I know....

I have to think the Kick Gas promo was a way to test out the database stuff for the Vets program but they haven't contacted us to take over the website URL yet. And maybe they won't - maybe they'll just have us redirect to the BWTS website, I'm not sure.

Back