B&B for Vets, media outcome.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunshine

Reaction score
OK, so I followed Kathleens advice and sent out the press releases regarding the B&B for Vets. An article came out the very next day from our local paper. I was contacted by another local paper who also wants to put pictures with it, and then Today ABC News called and they love what we are doing for Vets and they want to come out and film us making and serving breakfast! They said it would make the story more interesting if they could film breakfast!
So of course I'm so nervous, and scared.... A FILM Crew in my kitchen! YIKES!
Any Advice from all you pros??????

Try to get them to give you the B-roll of the footage they tape. You can use it on your website, and send it out for media attention after the big day. That's great publicity for you.

Try to get them to give you the B-roll of the footage they tape. You can use it on your website, and send it out for media attention after the big day. That's great publicity for you..
muirford said:
Try to get them to give you the B-roll of the footage they tape. You can use it on your website, and send it out for media attention after the big day. That's great publicity for you.
whats a "B-roll"? a dvd?

Try to get them to give you the B-roll of the footage they tape. You can use it on your website, and send it out for media attention after the big day. That's great publicity for you..
muirford said:
whats a "B-roll"? a dvd?
Sunshine said:
whats a "B-roll"? a dvd?
I have to admit that I don't know what the technical definition of it is. It would be some kind of electronic copy - dvd or video file - of whatever they film. If you can, everything they film, not just what they finally air.

B-roll is the format the TV media uses. Better quality video. I am sooo happy for you! That is great!
I am still trying to catch up from being away yesterday. I am going to bed and there are 110 unread e-mails in my in box!

B-roll is the format the TV media uses. Better quality video. I am sooo happy for you! That is great!
I am still trying to catch up from being away yesterday. I am going to bed and there are 110 unread e-mails in my in box!.
gillumhouse said:
I am still trying to catch up from being away yesterday. I am going to bed and there are 110 unread e-mails in my in box!
Get some good rest! I'm working on getting more B&B's involved from our area!

I am still trying to catch up from being away yesterday. I am going to bed and there are 110 unread e-mails in my in box!.
Next year you should set up a seperate email address just for this promotion... that way maybe a few of us can assist you in this endeavor, as we know and are grateful for what you have taken on this year. Hats off to you.

Wow! All I got was a 2" blurb in the business section of our local paper. A FILM CREW! Awesome!!!!
=)
Kk.

Wow! All I got was a 2" blurb in the business section of our local paper. A FILM CREW! Awesome!!!!
=)
Kk..
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
Yes, I am very excited... well... Nervous! I also got calls yesterday to do live interviews on two different radio stations!

=)
Kk..
I wanted to wait until a little closer to Veterans Day to send out my press release, but I got a call from the local paper today. The features writer heard about the program and found me on the website! He is coming on Monday to do an interview and take photos. I'll be just recuperating from a full house weekend -- homecoming at the U -- which is still sort of a rarity for me. I'm sure I'll have time to get the rooms into photo-worthy shape, but usually I take a day off to sleep in after a full house. Ahhh the travails of success (just kidding)

=)
Kk..
I wanted to wait until a little closer to Veterans Day to send out my press release, but I got a call from the local paper today. The features writer heard about the program and found me on the website! He is coming on Monday to do an interview and take photos. I'll be just recuperating from a full house weekend -- homecoming at the U -- which is still sort of a rarity for me. I'm sure I'll have time to get the rooms into photo-worthy shape, but usually I take a day off to sleep in after a full house. Ahhh the travails of success (just kidding)
YEA!!!
Almost caught up. Off to the grocery for tomorrow;s lunches. Need turkey for their sandwiches.

I hope y'all can post a link if they put it online as well. We would love to watch too!
teeth_smile.gif

Back