B&B in Charleston - suggestions please

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbinnsitters

Reaction score
Ok, usually I enjoy researching the internet for a place to stay, but there are way too many B&B's in Charleston, SC and I am getting stressed out. I am looking for 2 rooms for 2 nights (Jan. 7th and 8th-vacation b4 conference! Does anyone have any recommendations - one you've stayed at or heard good things about. Under $150/night would be spiffy too! Thanks!

I have stayed in two B&Bs in Charleston, neither of which I would recommend. I just looked up the rates at one and it is $250 to $300 per night for those dates. I can tell you it's a bare bones place in an okay but not-great neighborhood.
We are taking a few extra days but were able to get the conference rate at the conference hotel, so we are just checking in early instead.

I have stayed in two B&Bs in Charleston, neither of which I would recommend. I just looked up the rates at one and it is $250 to $300 per night for those dates. I can tell you it's a bare bones place in an okay but not-great neighborhood.
We are taking a few extra days but were able to get the conference rate at the conference hotel, so we are just checking in early instead..
Oh, smart woman! I might just look into that - yeah, the prices were making me crazy too!

Palmers Pinckney House is not bad. Small, continental (they are all continental), off street parking for extremely small cars. Walk to restaurants, easy to get to East Battery to get north to the conference. I had the rates written down but now I can't find them. Around $165, but they had a special online (check bbonline). Perfect if you like the old Charleston style house.
Someone else on here has mentioned it so I checked on it myself.
Be aware they are very strict about cancellations. There are none. You book it, you bought it unless a hurricane goes through.

Palmers Pinckney House is not bad. Small, continental (they are all continental), off street parking for extremely small cars. Walk to restaurants, easy to get to East Battery to get north to the conference. I had the rates written down but now I can't find them. Around $165, but they had a special online (check bbonline). Perfect if you like the old Charleston style house.
Someone else on here has mentioned it so I checked on it myself.
Be aware they are very strict about cancellations. There are none. You book it, you bought it unless a hurricane goes through..
Alibi, thanks for the suggestion - I might check that one out.

Back