B&B Keeps You Fit

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Highlands John

Reaction score
I've long since noticed than in the summer I can pretty much eat what I want without putting on any weight, not so in the winter.
Watching a recent food program they said the recommended number of steps you should do a day to keep healthy is 10,000, so I bought myself a pedometer which clips to my belt. Been fairly busy over the past week, mostly full, quite a few 1 nighters, I'm doing about 12,500 - 18,000 steps a day.

I am just the Assistant Innkeeper and am self-employed during the week. I mostly work on weekends and when we have more than 3 rooms for breakfast (aside from all the behind the scenes marketing work I do all the time). One weekend the main Innkeeper was out of town and I got slammed. 3 rooms rsvpd and two more were walk-ins. I got help for breakfast, but turning over the house was all on me. For the next two days, I found myself my body in an aerobic state the entire time. I fully understand how she managed to lose 25 pounds last year. Makes we wish I didn't have a desk job all day because I seem to be getting wider while I watch her get smaller. Innkeeping is the best workout program!

Back