B&B site reported as an 'Attack Site'

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is an "attack site"?.
An 'attack site' is a website that is expressly launched for the purpose of attacking the computers of people who visit the site. It can happen that a valid site gets tagged as an attack site or a 'possible threat' site thru no maliciousness on the part of the owner.
A friend's site had that happen and she contacted her hosting company and Google and among them they straightened out whatever the issue was.
What I hope is that the site that Paul posted on his blog is truly an attack site and not an innkeeper caught up in a web problem not of their own making.

What is an "attack site"?.
An 'attack site' is a website that is expressly launched for the purpose of attacking the computers of people who visit the site. It can happen that a valid site gets tagged as an attack site or a 'possible threat' site thru no maliciousness on the part of the owner.
A friend's site had that happen and she contacted her hosting company and Google and among them they straightened out whatever the issue was.
What I hope is that the site that Paul posted on his blog is truly an attack site and not an innkeeper caught up in a web problem not of their own making.
Thanks for clarifying. I have never heard of that.

I think the B&B's site was hijacked. It is a site for a B&B - I would not have posted it here otherwise.

UPDATE: I decided to contact the B&B. They are aware of the issue and are trying to fix it.
Interestingly Google still returns them as result, but puts up a big nasty warning.
Paul

UPDATE: I decided to contact the B&B. They are aware of the issue and are trying to fix it.
Interestingly Google still returns them as result, but puts up a big nasty warning.
Paul.
Thanks for the update Paul.
That me reminds me. I'll be doing an update of this site next week to plug some security issues. The site will be down for a little while as a result. I'll keep everyone posted as to when.

Back