B&B Trifecta - No need to clean

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The reason I have a hard time even doing a list, is there is no accounting for taste. I offically got my first booking two days ago for an event. Speaking to this southern ca guest he asked a few questions and I mentioned to check the blog in a month or so as they do not announce in advance these events.
He actually thought that was pretty neat.
Me, here I am this morning with a Sun-Sat list of music events in our town and trying not to have to retype the whole thing. There is no central calendar or place or events, no database, it drives me nuts. I already said when I sell this B&B I am going to offer my services to this county for tourism purposes. (paid services).
So we have the only Youth Bluegrass Festival. Not youth IN the festival, but only youth. No advertising, word of mouth only. I couldn't even get times for when it began. Quaint, this guest thinks,pretty neat.
So all that to say, some people like old fashioned stuff, some hate it. Some are willing to drive an hour to have a homestyle meal, others think I am nuts suggesting it..
Still sidetracking...I am very delinquent on my blog. I have not been back on there for a few weeks since I've been pretty busy. Bad, Samster, bad!! Some itineraries is definitely on the list. Actually, there are several trip itineraries on our C&VB site that I have a link to on my website. But most people have been here for a purpose until lately. Just this week, I've had a couple of folks on their way through to the Gulf Coast beaches. I guess we're a good stopping point if you don't want a really long day's drive from some points North. One couple added an extra day so they could explore & had no clue. I sent them all over the place :)
Back to cleaning...
Probably the more experienced innkeepers here have had this happen, but this was a first for me. I had a couple of slightly dark spots on the bottom of a mattress pad today (they are thick ones by Ralph Lauren). Anyhoo, on further investigation it looked to be some mold spots. Yep, probably from a wet towel or two on the bed in the last couple of days of this 3 day stay where the moisture wicked into the thick part of the pad. With the light matelasse covers and white blankets, it's not always easy to see a damp spot. This is with the A/C upstairs turned down to 68F with these people. You'd think that it would have dried it out. Live & learn...
Everything is in a bleach wash as I type.....
Blog the coca cola house. That is within walking distance and cool. If I saw that I would want to walk that way to the river or dinner.

The reason I have a hard time even doing a list, is there is no accounting for taste. I offically got my first booking two days ago for an event. Speaking to this southern ca guest he asked a few questions and I mentioned to check the blog in a month or so as they do not announce in advance these events.
Me, here I am this morning with a Sun-Sat list of music events in our town and trying not to have to retype the whole thing. There is no central calendar or place or events, no database, it drives me nuts. I already said when I sell this B&B I am going to offer my services to this county for tourism purposes. (paid services).
So we have the only Youth Bluegrass Festival. Not youth IN the festival, but only youth. No advertising, word of mouth only. I couldn't even get times for when it began. Quaint, this guest thinks,pretty neat.
So all that to say, some people like old fashioned stuff, some hate it. Some are willing to drive an hour to have a homestyle meal, others think I am nuts suggesting it..
Still sidetracking...I am very delinquent on my blog. I have not been back on there for a few weeks since I've been pretty busy. Bad, Samster, bad!! Some itineraries is definitely on the list. Actually, there are several trip itineraries on our C&VB site that I have a link to on my website. But most people have been here for a purpose until lately. Just this week, I've had a couple of folks on their way through to the Gulf Coast beaches. I guess we're a good stopping point if you don't want a really long day's drive from some points North. One couple added an extra day so they could explore & had no clue. I sent them all over the place :)
Back to cleaning...
Probably the more experienced innkeepers here have had this happen, but this was a first for me. I had a couple of slightly dark spots on the bottom of a mattress pad today (they are thick ones by Ralph Lauren). Anyhoo, on further investigation it looked to be some mold spots. Yep, probably from a wet towel or two on the bed in the last couple of days of this 3 day stay where the moisture wicked into the thick part of the pad. With the light matelasse covers and white blankets, it's not always easy to see a damp spot. This is with the A/C upstairs turned down to 68F with these people. You'd think that it would have dried it out. Live & learn...
Blog the coca cola house. That is within walking distance and cool. If I saw that I would want to walk that way to the river or dinner.
Ditto the RiverWalk. I know it's too hot now, but I'd push that bike path for all I could in the winter.

Back to cleaning...
Ditto the RiverWalk. I know it's too hot now, but I'd push that bike path for all I could in the winter.
You Northerners are so funny! The RiverWalk is in full swing right now
teeth_smile.gif

Back to cleaning...
You Northerners are so funny! The RiverWalk is in full swing right now
teeth_smile.gif

Did you or did you not just tell us you were swooning with the heat?
wink_smile.gif

Couldn't stay up at night to read the forum you were so worn out from the heat?

Thank you Swirt for the SEARCH button. Firefox crashed and then I had to log into IE and try to find the forum about the Itineraries... That search works like a charm!

Thank you Swirt for the SEARCH button. Firefox crashed and then I had to log into IE and try to find the forum about the Itineraries... That search works like a charm!.
Glad you like the way this search works...but I can't take a single bit of credit for it .... it was built by the fine Drupal contributors. (open source programming is great ... when it works)

Okay, prodded by my peers, I put together a 5 day itinerary (no photos added yet) and I am LINK HAPPY. Bree that is what s/b on my gravestone, and sure you can bullet it if you like...
teeth_smile.gif

"If it don't got a link, it don't exist"
I was not sure where to start, but used Bree's examples. I could do a total music itinerary, or historical or heritage or outdoors...so after wasting so much time on it, "it is what it is" - and here it is: http://www.claibornehouse.net/loc/Itinerary.asp
I have links to this on about 5 pages on our website.

Okay, prodded by my peers, I put together a 5 day itinerary (no photos added yet) and I am LINK HAPPY. Bree that is what s/b on my gravestone, and sure you can bullet it if you like...
teeth_smile.gif

I was not sure where to start, but used Bree's examples. I could do a total music itinerary, or historical or heritage or outdoors...so after wasting so much time on it, "it is what it is" - and here it is: http://www.claibornehouse.net/loc/Itinerary.asp
I have links to this on about 5 pages on our website..
What no wineries or microbreweries (those are big draws) I was looking for fun stuff and was intrigued by citing strippers.....but then re-read it
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

teeth_smile.gif

What no wineries or microbreweries (those are big draws) I was looking for fun stuff and was intrigued by citing strippers.....but then re-read it

Wineries - did you see them? That is the thing TOO MUCH INFORMATION.
What do I put on the list first? Closest, time or year? If it is summer then it is easier to put summertime stuff. Winter, then indoor stuff.
Okay I put a winery on there for DAY 2. Then have them listed below that.
I added it in two other places as well. THIS IS WHY I POST THIS STUFF. FEEDBACK. Very valuable frm ya'll
Check it out now: http://www.claibornehouse.net/loc/Itinerary.asp

teeth_smile.gif

Much better than mine! I am going to separate my itinerary section out of the list of happenings & events. Make it a separate page. Ya done good, kid!

teeth_smile.gif

What do I put on the list first? Closest, time or year? If it is summer then it is easier to put summertime stuff. Winter, then indoor stuff.
I added it in two other places as well. THIS IS WHY I POST THIS STUFF. FEEDBACK. Very valuable frm ya'll
Good point about the seasonal.... It is a good argument for having two or more itineraries based on season.
Is your typical guest a 4 or 5 dayer? I know Bree said to stretch it into longer stays...and I agree, but if what you typically get is 2-dayers I might suggest being less of a stretch (like a 3 day) ...of course you could always suggest people trim it themselves by just hacking off the days they aren't going to stay.

teeth_smile.gif

Good point about the seasonal.... It is a good argument for having two or more itineraries based on season.
Is your typical guest a 4 or 5 dayer? I know Bree said to stretch it into longer stays...and I agree, but if what you typically get is 2-dayers I might suggest being less of a stretch (like a 3 day) ...of course you could always suggest people trim it themselves by just hacking off the days they aren't going to stay.
Typically, not even close to 5 nighters, altho I do have a few coming up. The main point was to try to stretch the one or two nighters into a 4 or 5 night stay when they see the things to do here. That was the advice I was going gun-ho on.
I am not going to make a variety based on days, as they won't do exactly what I suggest anyway. They can glean days off of this one . Versus just a list of things to do. That was why I added the other things to do below the Itinerary so they can custom fit it, so to speak. I know some people won't be able to figure that out (and really should not be out in the world anyway!)
I think it is common sense weather related stuff. But not necesarily. We are an hour and half from a ski area, so I will work on those later on. No one has ever stayed here for that reason, but maybe they would.
I always have to remember that people coming from here are not knowledgable about this area. So the more the merrier I think.

Back