B&Bs and Business Travelers

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
INteresting points made. I agree with the part about breakfast. If I am off to a meeting or presentation, I am not in the mood for chatting over breakfast. Though in fairness at some hotels for breakfast I have felt pretty chatted-up too.
Access to a copier???
confused_smile.gif

INteresting points made. I agree with the part about breakfast. If I am off to a meeting or presentation, I am not in the mood for chatting over breakfast. Though in fairness at some hotels for breakfast I have felt pretty chatted-up too.
Access to a copier???
confused_smile.gif
swirt said:
Access to a copier???
confused_smile.gif
Sorry, unless you are staying at a hotel with a 'work center' you have no access to a copier. And even there, you really only have access to a bank of computers. SOME have copiers. I think business travelers should really plan ahead and send what they need printed to a Staples nearby where they will be meeting. To expect a hotel or B&B to provide them with reams of paper (and color copies) is excessive.

Access to a copier???
confused_smile.gif
I have a biz guest here for 2 nights. A little particular about the breakfast & prefers to eat alone and we have a full house. I offered room service but they did want to eat in the dining room. Fortunately, other guests ate really early today & tomorrow they are eating late, so it worked out.
I am the opposite...I woul love having a friendly innkeeper as my host when I was traveling on business vs. sitting alone at one of those little tables with watered down OJ and a hard bagel. haha!

OK. they want free WiFi from us but no complaint about the 9.95 charge PER DAY at the big hotel! Copier? Hmmm. Last time we had a Conference at a hotel we were charged for copies. I do wish these people who write travel articles in 2009 would actually travel in 2009 instead of dredging up an article they wrote in 1995 and adding a few of the 2009 terminology such as WiFi. As for public transportation other than a major city, where does one find that and what business traveler does not have a car unless they are in NY, LA, Chicago, etc. And we actually WASH the glasses in OUR rooms...... Almost forgot - we are in the USA and ALL our TVs have English speaking channels. We may or may not have a Spanish channel.

OK. they want free WiFi from us but no complaint about the 9.95 charge PER DAY at the big hotel! Copier? Hmmm. Last time we had a Conference at a hotel we were charged for copies. I do wish these people who write travel articles in 2009 would actually travel in 2009 instead of dredging up an article they wrote in 1995 and adding a few of the 2009 terminology such as WiFi. As for public transportation other than a major city, where does one find that and what business traveler does not have a car unless they are in NY, LA, Chicago, etc. And we actually WASH the glasses in OUR rooms...... Almost forgot - we are in the USA and ALL our TVs have English speaking channels. We may or may not have a Spanish channel..
The writer is not in the US...she's in Paris.
And the second comment pretty much sums up the problem...they expect B&B's to be cheap and they don't want to share anything (dining table, living room, etc). Now, around here, that means the Econolodge ($59) or the Super 8 ($79). And, the Travleodge in Bangor, and you saw what THAT was like!

OK. they want free WiFi from us but no complaint about the 9.95 charge PER DAY at the big hotel! Copier? Hmmm. Last time we had a Conference at a hotel we were charged for copies. I do wish these people who write travel articles in 2009 would actually travel in 2009 instead of dredging up an article they wrote in 1995 and adding a few of the 2009 terminology such as WiFi. As for public transportation other than a major city, where does one find that and what business traveler does not have a car unless they are in NY, LA, Chicago, etc. And we actually WASH the glasses in OUR rooms...... Almost forgot - we are in the USA and ALL our TVs have English speaking channels. We may or may not have a Spanish channel..
And the second comment pretty much sums up the problem...they expect B&B's to be cheap and they don't want to share anything (dining table, living room, etc). Now, around here, that means the Econolodge ($59) or the Super 8 ($79). And, the Travleodge in Bangor, and you saw what THAT was like!
I didn't read the whole thing....but....European B & B"s and US B & B's are very different.

Maybe that explains why it did not take my comment.

gillumhouse said:
They took mine...

gillumhouse said:
They took mine...
I saw yours. I tried twice and nothing. They must have closed comments.

The business traveller issue really doesn't apply to me. I seldom get them. I do appreciate the letter from the flight attendant though. Dom was a flight attendant on Pam Am before it went bankrupt so I certainly understand how hard some people can be on planes from the stories he tells me and from what I observe on flights. People can be so stupid and selfish and obnoxious!!

Back