B&Bs are a Better Way to Stay - a great video to share

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
[COLOR= rgb(68, 68, 68)]You already know that Inns and B&Bs are a Better Way to Stay, but this is a great video to share with your hotel... [/COLOR]http://t.co/CjMZyxOn
HINT from JB - you can embed this video on your blog. Click SHARE then below that embed. You can adjust the size if you want it larger or smaller.

Excellent! And short, like a commercial. Gets the point across without belaboring it.
They should do more of these! Talk about beds in one, decor in another. Old houses have history hotels can't match. Friendliness too. So many things B&Bs have over hotels.

My wish? They had shown a B&B that doesn't serve a buffet breakfast. Every HOTEL serves a buffet breakfast. Sure the buffet was pretty, but it is still food sitting around getting stale and picked over that you have to serve yourself. (And we know B&B's don't restock the buffet, at least not the ones I've stayed at.)
I know I'm being a grinch but the comparison should have been a loud, kid-filled waffle bar at a hotel and the relaxed, gorgeous buffet at the B&B if they had to use a buffet.
And I wouldn't blog this on my website because you know how many guests are going to show up looking for that view and that buffet because it's on my website.
Now I'll go crawl back under my bridge.

My wish? They had shown a B&B that doesn't serve a buffet breakfast. Every HOTEL serves a buffet breakfast. Sure the buffet was pretty, but it is still food sitting around getting stale and picked over that you have to serve yourself. (And we know B&B's don't restock the buffet, at least not the ones I've stayed at.)
I know I'm being a grinch but the comparison should have been a loud, kid-filled waffle bar at a hotel and the relaxed, gorgeous buffet at the B&B if they had to use a buffet.
And I wouldn't blog this on my website because you know how many guests are going to show up looking for that view and that buffet because it's on my website.
Now I'll go crawl back under my bridge..
Madeleine said:
My wish? They had shown a B&B that doesn't serve a buffet breakfast.
That was THE FIRST thing that popped out at me, too. Of ALL the things to show, WHY, oh WHY, show a boofay?! Grrrr....

frankly they could have done a lot worce, love how crap the hotel stuff was! just been chatting with one of my regulars found out the holiday inn accross from us is doing a special rate for his company of £35 (I do it at £40) but he says its such a hassel to get booked with them that he comes to us. Ie he just rings and comes no trouble at all with them he has to get special permission from reservations. shows some people don't want money.

The arms are your typical business traveler, and the scenery is Arkansas.

Okay just for the record, Better Way to Stay is not us, it really isn't. Not sure who it is really, it is a nice effort to be collective, but even among the inns on this forum we all do things differently.
If we could take over this grass roots effort and set them straight then they would be knocking our doors down, right? In all seriousness, take it for what it is worth. I applaud the effort and look forward to the next one. It did it for me, if you are not gourmet, don't sweat it, no one thinks every B&B is gourmet. Be real here.
PS Whose harry arms are making the coffee
from the info:
The inns in this clip are just some of the THOUSANDS of inns across the US and Canada (which can be seen and explored further athttp://www.betterwaytostay.com/map). But we do want to extend a thank you to those who helped put this together, including:
Sunset Hill House, Sugar Hill, NH
Sugar Hill Inn, Sugar Hill, NH
Emerson Inn by the Sea, Rockport, MA
Clarendon Square Inn, Boston, MA
Adele Turner Inn, Newport, RI

Back