B&Bs for sale on Ebay

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hummmm. I think I saw that picture on the back cover of Inn Keeping Quarterly.... so....are you bidding???
teeth_smile.gif

Right... the last thing I would do is buy a B & B on Ebay. Guess they are trying every route.

You'll notice that most of these are classified ads on ebay, and not actual auctions. I can attest to the fact that ebay gives huge exposure over other advertising venues. I've sold tons holiday-period Gift Certificates on ebay, and many of my return guests found us there first.
For instance, I did very little on ebay for 2008 (their fees have gotten too expensive) and yet ebay was my number five web referrer...appearing above bbonline.com, iloveinns.com, bnbfinder.com, our local chamber of commerce and the official Pure Michigan website in terms of visitors to my site (from either my listings themselves or from my profile page).
I keep an eye on Inns for sale on there, as well as in the usual places that we pay to be listed for sale. I used to buy and sell lots in a nearby subdivision, and sold every one of them on ebay....most were sight unseen. Had an online home furnishings business, and sold exclusively on ebay. So, if you're internet savvy and have something for sale, don't immediately poo-poo ebay. It's hard to beat them in terms of reach and exposure. The more people that see something, the better chance it sells.

I use ebay quite a lot. My sales are not B & B generated, but I do sell quite a bit of horse and equestrian related goods and equipment there.
Never thought about B & B GC's tho....thanks...that's a good idea.

You'll notice that most of these are classified ads on ebay, and not actual auctions. I can attest to the fact that ebay gives huge exposure over other advertising venues. I've sold tons holiday-period Gift Certificates on ebay, and many of my return guests found us there first.
For instance, I did very little on ebay for 2008 (their fees have gotten too expensive) and yet ebay was my number five web referrer...appearing above bbonline.com, iloveinns.com, bnbfinder.com, our local chamber of commerce and the official Pure Michigan website in terms of visitors to my site (from either my listings themselves or from my profile page).
I keep an eye on Inns for sale on there, as well as in the usual places that we pay to be listed for sale. I used to buy and sell lots in a nearby subdivision, and sold every one of them on ebay....most were sight unseen. Had an online home furnishings business, and sold exclusively on ebay. So, if you're internet savvy and have something for sale, don't immediately poo-poo ebay. It's hard to beat them in terms of reach and exposure. The more people that see something, the better chance it sells..
Sorry, I can see where you are coming from ....but for me PERSONALLY I have had nothing but problems with anything I have ever purchased on EBAY. I refuse to use it any longer. I know others are sold on it..but count me out.

I keep an eye on Inns for sale on there, as well as in the usual places that we pay to be listed for sale. I used to buy and sell lots in a nearby subdivision, and sold every one of them on ebay....most were sight unseen. Had an online home furnishings business, and sold exclusively on ebay. So, if you're internet savvy and have something for sale, don't immediately poo-poo ebay. It's hard to beat them in terms of reach and exposure. The more people that see something, the better chance it sells..
We have noticed plenty of unconventional items on ebay and I do agree that it is a good site to gain exposure. (Recall the person who tried to sell their kidney on ebay?) I have toyed with the idea of selling GC on there but have not done so as of yet.
We have prchased many items on ebay and with great success - including our last 3 car purchases! So far we have been pleased with our purchases, and only have complained about one seller that did not send the items timely nor did he answer any of our communications asking for tracking #'s etc., but when the items did arrive, they were just what we expected and were pleased with it.

I've had nothing but positive experiences with ebay. I mostly buy and the sellers have been great. I've sold things too but not for a few years now.

Sorry, I can see where you are coming from ....but for me PERSONALLY I have had nothing but problems with anything I have ever purchased on EBAY. I refuse to use it any longer. I know others are sold on it..but count me out.
Done!
I was interested in the subject because as a seller I KNOW about the exposure. I'm also a little suprised at the prices they're listed for now as opposed to what they were even last year.

Back