B & Bs For Vets continues to give back!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
I received this e-mail last night - it is a WOW! I will add the photo as soon as I get it loaded here.
Dear Jay and Kathleen- This afternoon we received a call from one of the couples that stayed with us for Veterans Day and they asked if we were going to be home, for they had something for us. Their “something” has blown us away. SMSgt Jody Martinez presented us with a flag that was part of “Operation New Dawn”. The flag was flown over Iraq on November 25, 2010 during a Special Operations Combat Mission in direct support of Operation New Dawn. Attached is a copy of the certificate and flag.

The certificate they presented with the flag stated that “This Flag is presented to the Chocolate Turtle Bed and Breakfast, Dallas and Nancy Renner , As a symbol of the Sovereign Power of the United States of America and the unshakeable resolve to keep our country safe.”

What a way to end 2010!!! It was our honor and privilege to have the Veterans with us for Veterans Day – thank you Kathleen for providing us with this memorable opportunity. The flag was the icing on the cake. Nancy and Dallas

[FONT= &quot]Chocolate Turtle B&B[/FONT]
[FONT= &quot]Dallas & Nancy Renner[/FONT]
[FONT= &quot]P. O. Box 991[/FONT]
[FONT= &quot]Corrales, NM 87048[/FONT]
NewDawnCertificate1.jpg

AWESOME!!
A nice place to share all of this would be a FB page BnBforvets. :)
Just a suggestion (I can't offer to do it as I am anti-facebook-ite pretty much) but everyone seems to be into it for good stuff!

AWESOME!!
Just a suggestion (I can't offer to do it as I am anti-facebook-ite pretty much) but everyone seems to be into it for good stuff!.
There is a facebook page and it's been posted. Also, there's a really great video from a B&B in Texas who participated in the program.

That is totally cool and it is thoughts and deeds like this that make the hard work worth it.

AWESOME!!
Just a suggestion (I can't offer to do it as I am anti-facebook-ite pretty much) but everyone seems to be into it for good stuff!.
There is a facebook page and it's been posted. Also, there's a really great video from a B&B in Texas who participated in the program.
muirford said:
Thanks! I got it. There seem to be variations BnB and BandB and B&B so I couldn't find it. Nice one!

photo-1.JPG

I wanted to show you the flowers that appeared on my doorstep last night----compliments of one of the couples who stayed here for Veterans Day! Unfortunately, my husband and I were out of town on the actual day, and our assistants took care of the vets. I had spoken with this gentleman to take his reservation and he was wonderful!
We took the night out last night and went to dinner and a movie since we had no guests --- and wouldn't you know it we missed them again! They happened to be in the area, and left this by our door, and left a lovely message on the machine.
What a class act!

photo-1.JPG

I wanted to show you the flowers that appeared on my doorstep last night----compliments of one of the couples who stayed here for Veterans Day! Unfortunately, my husband and I were out of town on the actual day, and our assistants took care of the vets. I had spoken with this gentleman to take his reservation and he was wonderful!
We took the night out last night and went to dinner and a movie since we had no guests --- and wouldn't you know it we missed them again! They happened to be in the area, and left this by our door, and left a lovely message on the machine.
What a class act!.
cheers.gif

photo-1.JPG

What a class act!.
Very nice.

photo-1.JPG

What a class act!.
Very nice!

photo-1.JPG

What a class act!.
Very sweet and grateful guests!

We currently have a Lt. Colonel (Army Special Forces) and his wife staying with us--for 11 days! They saw the B&B for Vets but couldn't take part, but they booked because of the program. We are so lucky and blessed by the guests who come our way. --Tom

cheers.gif

How Great! My husband was in the Marine Corps for 8 years and my son is currently in the Army-it was wonderful to be a part of the program here in Arkansas and how great for Both B & B's to get thanked in such a great way-I would definantely fly that flag if it were my B & B and frame the other...congrats.

How wonderful for all of you. It is something that was so wonderful - both both sides of the participation coin - that it will be talked about for years to come. I was so blessed to be part of it. I thank all who made it what it was.

Back