B&Bs for Vets - PAII and Non-PAII members

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muirford

Reaction score
This information was sent to the PAII mailing list today - if you're not a PAII member, you may or may not receive it (depending on if you are in the mailing list). I don't know if the links will work but if they don't contact me via the forum and I will send the email directly to you. You will notice that a) non-PAII members are able to be listed and b) you must provide at least one room free of charge on Sunday, Nov. 11. The listing site does not go live until tomorrow, 9/17 so anything you see on it now may not be accurate.

[tr]
[td]

[tr]
[td][FONT= 'Franklin Gothic Medium']What is B&Bs for Vets?[/FONT][/td]
[/tr]

[/table]
[FONT= 'Trebuchet MS']For the fourth year in a row, the B&B industry will honor veterans with a free stay at an inn or B&B to thank those who’ve put their lives on the line to protect our country. In the past, more than 900 inns and B&Bs in the U.S. and Canada participated by offering at least one free room to a Vet and their guest. This year we hope that more than 1,000 inns and B&Bs will participate in B&Bs for Vets. We’ve already received messages from vets who can’t wait to see which inns and B&Bs will participate. This is a wonderful way to say thank you to our members of the military as well as their spouses and families.

B&Bs for Vets has also garnered tremendous media attention for the industry and individual inns and B&Bs. We hope you will participate by opening one or more rooms to any veteran (active or retired, must be open to all) for a complimentary stay on Sunday, November 11, 2012. If you’d like to offer a special rate for additional days before or after Veteran’s Day, we know that vets will greatly appreciate your offer and respond.

[tr]
[td]How it works for veterans[/FONT][/td]
[/tr]

[/table]
[FONT= 'Trebuchet MS']We will be encouraging veterans to visit www.BnBsforVets.org (which redirects to www.BetterWaytoStay.com) to view participating B&Bs. At that point, veterans will contact the participating innkeepers.

[/FONT]
[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]

[tr]
[td][FONT= 'Franklin Gothic Medium']How it works for innkeepers[/FONT][/td]
[/tr]

[/table]
[FONT= 'Trebuchet MS']If you'd like to participate in the B&Bs for Vets promotion, you can list your participation online ([/FONT][FONT= 'Trebuchet MS']steps can be found below). Once you log your participation, veterans will be able to find you via the Better Way to Stay website.

[/FONT]
[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]
member-non4.gif

[tr]
[td][FONT= 'Franklin Gothic Medium']How to list your participation[/FONT][/td]
[/tr]

[/table]

[tr]
[td] [/td]
[td] [/td]
[/tr]

[/table]
[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[FONT= 'Trebuchet MS']

[tr]
[td]Guidelines for [/FONT]participation[/td]
[/tr]

[/table]
In order to participate each inn/B&B must offer at least one free night on Sunday, November 11, 2012; each inn may add more if they wish.

There are more guidelines, creative ideas to make the promotion successful and much more to help the promotion be a complete success at your B&B. Click here to read more.
[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[FONT= 'Trebuchet MS']

[tr]
[td]Questions?[/FONT][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]If you have any questions regarding the promotion, please email Marti Mayne at [email protected] or Ingrid Thorson at [email protected].
[/td]
[/tr]

[/table]
[/td]
[/tr]

[/table]

Well glad to see it is still a Free night. Those other things posted must have been in the rumor mill. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for sharing this. I sincerely wish that there were no other 'offers' like 50% off or BOGO or the like and it was simply one free night.
The other offers sound like bait and switch when the vet calls. 'Oh, the free room is already taken, but we can offer you another room at half off.' No one believes that.
Just offer one room and be done with it. Maybe it works out, I don't know.

I've filled 3 rooms already with all of them buying another night as well (at a discount, of course). Then, I got a call from a wonderful lady who came last year with her husband, brother and sister-in-law. They were just delightful. This year, they wanted to come back and bring another couple with them. Well...I had already filled 3 rooms and since I only have 5 total, the math just wasn't going to work.
SO
I gave them 3 rooms for free on another weeknight that fit their schedule. I just couldn't turn them away.
lightbulb.gif

I've filled 3 rooms already with all of them buying another night as well (at a discount, of course). Then, I got a call from a wonderful lady who came last year with her husband, brother and sister-in-law. They were just delightful. This year, they wanted to come back and bring another couple with them. Well...I had already filled 3 rooms and since I only have 5 total, the math just wasn't going to work.
SO
I gave them 3 rooms for free on another weeknight that fit their schedule. I just couldn't turn them away.
lightbulb.gif
That was more than generous. That is really nice.

SO
lightbulb.gif
That is so real and generous of you. Thank you for your kindness.

Back