B&B's with no phone numbers

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Curiouser and curiouser!” cried JB.
A lady called for a room for Monday night, we are unavailable. To assist her, I looked in the area she is going to and the only place that is an inn/lodge has NO PHONE NUMBER on the website, no ROOM PRICES and it says ONLINE RESERVATIONS and there is nothing there!
This is a famous place, all of you would recognize its history. Strange, simply strange.

No. Another place had closed and still answered. I tried to assist this lady, but she is going to an area that is mostly hotels. She was not grateful for my assistance at all. Waste of time.
We have ZERO guests this weekend, we planned a big bday bash for both kids OUT OF TOWN on Mon-Tues. Now I am getting one nighter calls for Monday night! Always the way. We could have gone this weekend!!

I see many Inn websites where you have to SEARCH for contact details and often only offer a "click here to email us" - If this is the Inn's idea of BASIC customer service it's not somewhere I want to stay

Not a whole lot of info on that site anyway. Basically we're here, email us if you want to be here, too.

Im a believer in having it on the bottom of pages people have such a short attention span make it difficult and they will be gone.

Im a believer in having it on the bottom of pages people have such a short attention span make it difficult and they will be gone..
At the PAII Conference they were saying to have the phone number at the top - easy to see - easy to find.

if your pages are not long (which they should not be anyway ..) then yes top is better, but a normal sized page that does not have much scrolling, top or bottom should work

Im a believer in having it on the bottom of pages people have such a short attention span make it difficult and they will be gone..
At the PAII Conference they were saying to have the phone number at the top - easy to see - easy to find.
gillumhouse said:
Phone number and availability/book it now button - at the top and/or 'above the fold'. I've never heard any web designer say anything different. Repeat it at the bottom - yes, but the less scrolling for guests, the better.

Remember y'all, the webpage needs to be like a headline of a newspaper, the top portion is what grabs the reader, therefore the analogy of HEADLINE. Everything important needs to be there, at the top, for SEO and Content.
Scrolling down is just more information...and of course always have the phone number and contact and links toward the bottom as well. That's where we get the terms "header" and "footer" for websites.

Back