B nB sta r

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
I have been getting weekly if not more often, emails from B n BS tar for 7 years SOLID. They are relentless. I get them in the spam filter and then they always work a way around it and end up in my inbox again.

I was getting two a week to different email addresses but they stopped towards the end of last year. Don't know what I did to upset them. Probably started emailing them back telling them to stop sending junk emails, once for every email I receievd from them. That's my usual policy and it works more often than not.

Here's what happened to me.
I actually was in the process of signing up with them, but to fill in your address, you must choose your city from a drop down menu. Our tiny little town didn't rate getting listed, and there was no way to type a town in, so I stopped the process and emailed the site, requesting they add my town to the drop down menu. I received an email back saying that, for my convenience, they had entered all the address information in for me and all I needed to do was return and pay. They also assigned me a user name and password...only our town/BnB name was misspelled(!!!). I went to the site, logged in, and was unable to view the information entered "for my convenience." There was a note (either in the email or on the site when I logged in) that any changes I requested would be made within 24 hours. Um, hello, I can't see what you've entered for me, BUT the login you assign me misspells the name of both my BnB and location. Hm. Then I start getting up to two emails a day "reminding" me to complete my registration. I finally sent them another email explaining my lack of confidence in them and that there are too may other options online for me to have to wait (to see if my changes are entered correctly) 24 hours. I thought my email was candid, but not rude. I would have been happy if I could just have seen the listing, as it would appear, before I had to pay for it.
While it wasn't what I was going for, the effect was to stop ALL emails from them cold.

Back