Bachelorette "Ceremony"

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arks

Reaction score
Got this one just one. My first reaction is, no way Jose, but thought, maybe if I took a $200 or so refundable deposit to keep them behaved. Thoughts?

Hi, I am getting married in September and I really would like to rent out a suite for August 21 - August 22. I see there's an option for 4 guests, but we would like to have my bachelorette ceremony in a suite. There will be a total of 9 women celebrating my engagement, but only 4-5 will be staying in the suite over night. We will be super polite and quiet due to other guests that might be staying there at this time. We respect any and all feedback. Thank you!

The have Hen Parties in the UK. Most of the B & Bs there treat them the way most of us treat weddings - go somewhere else please. And if not all are staying, what are the implications if someone gets snockered and has a didaster after leaving? Are you responsible because the snocker took place on your property? Just asking cuz I have no idea.

Yours is such a different situation because no one is on site to monitor the level of crazy that may happen.

However, given they asked and didn’t just book for two and show up with nine, I’d hazard a guess they really might be respectful. Could you require they book two suites that are side by side just to spread them out a bit? Or is that doubling the possibility of bothering others?

I’d say, no. We do not do events. Here are three options in town that do host events.

I agree, say no. I have learned my lessons in the past 2 years about big events on our property and they are just not worth it! We have more damage from weddings and god forbid a bachelorette or bachelor party. We had a guy call up last month wanting to rent the entire place for his “bros” from all over the country wanting to get together/reunion. Said they wanted it for one night and they would be using the property to party. Uh, NO. Sorry. Ugh.

Sorry, no.
ceremony?
it’s a bachelorette PARTY … I’ve been to a few, seen the aftermath of a few, unknowingly hosted one. Lots of drinking games, male strippers, pole dancing. Silly games. Truth or dare. Eating. costumes. More drinking. More Eating. Music. Laughter and shrieking and then arguing and crying into the wee hours. Cleaning up after someone has been violently ill. It even damaged the paint. Wrestling car keys away from two guests who weren’t scheduled to stay over but no way should’ve been driving. Belligerence from them in the morning as they ‘did not want to stay over’.

The problem is that out of the ‘nine’, all it takes is one guest to get out of control. despite good intentions. And who is responsible if someone gets hurt?

Nine friends together will NOT be super quiet, they just won’t.
Again, sorry, no.

I waited a few days to think about, then wrote her explaining my hesitation to accept her bachelorette party, and offering to take them if they make a $400 deposit, refundable if there's no damage, and specifying that I only have room for 4 overnighters, and no candles and no glitter.

I haven't heard back, and that's fine. I've put a note on the reservation calendar for her planned party night, to watch to see if she reserves and has her party anyway, without paying the deposit. We'll see. It's about 2 months away.

I wouldn't take them with double that deposit. And I would tack on an extra $40 for the housekeeper, because they won't tip.

Yes, I'm absolutely sure of that. The nice people who don't make a mess are the ones who tip. The filthy slobs who leave a mess and stain the towels never tip.
That’s practically a rule. We had it here twice this week. The woman who got makeup on every single towel, washcloth and hand towel did not tip. The guy who needed a fan(ac wasn’t good enough), needed help with the tv, had to have video conference calls in the living room, had pizza in bed and broke the sink in his room tipped $4.00. For a four night stay.

NOPE! We just had a group that said 2-3 other groomsmen for photos only then we leave for the wedding (to which we agreed to)...it was 8 men who showed...at 10:30 because they got kicked out of the ladies rental...with lunch delivered...and the photographer was here from 12:30-1:30 and they all finally left by 2. My guest was communicated with mid day as to what was going on...he said, oh we'll be clean, blah blah blah... but I heard multiple men in the restroom using the blow dryer, etc... The place was left "clean" as in not torn up and no trash left anywhere...BUT NO TIP... Not that we live for tips, but under the circumstances, he just took advantage of the situation. We will never allow anything like that again...No kind of money will guarantee clean, safe, not broken, no extra cleaning...so we just won't allow it... Sorry, not sorry.

Just say no, event groups cost me $1000s in damages. I allowed one batchlorette group only because she was a neighbor that I knew...big mistake.

My parents also own an inn within the same town we are located. She told me her bachelorette party story. They rented multiple rooms and gathered inside one room. Hired a male exotic dancer. We are in a remote town kind of on the outskirts from true civilization. You have to drive at least an hour to get most things. This poor man had to drive a couple hours to dance for these girls. They told him they could stay with them in one of their rooms, then changed their mind and kicked him out. He sulked into my mom’s front office, asking for a room. She turned him away because she didn’t want to cause issue with the other guests who had just kicked him out of their bachelorette party. She was worried it was a conflict of interest, and wanted to avoid any scenes. Luckily, we are in a tourist town so there are many places to get a room.

Do what you will with this information! Not everyone is the same but they played the whole “we will be good” card too!

Back