Back from VACA-back to work

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well got a call from another B & B that we've been slowly conversing since summer and will be speaking again this coming week. It kind of comes with the idea of being closer to family and working at a job we both love and its in a beautiful area which I would enjoy. Now if we where to be offered the job and decided that its a good fit overall; we would have to make the decision to leave this one-but what Gillum said makes sense maybe its a good omen and its time to move on? Its a hard decision to just get settled here (but without any power to run the place properly) in town and getting to know people here and then up and go.
Maybe its the Nomad in me that thinks that hey why not, nothing is really tying us here but that word in one of the last pages "commitment". Does it get easier for the traveling innkeepers to just up and go? I know for a fact that I would not want to live where we are currently living forever.
Will keep you abreast of the situation-the owner is still waiting on her "consultant report" and is not really making any serious decisions although it was insinuating a "better arrangement" for this year-what in the world does that mean? is for good or bad? I am trying not to project and its hard sometimes so I don't want to kick a gifthorse to the curb..
Did you sign a contract for a specified amount of time where you currently are working?
I would always be leery of going from the kettle into the fire. Unfortunately there is never enough info given up front to accertain this.

Well got a call from another B & B that we've been slowly conversing since summer and will be speaking again this coming week. It kind of comes with the idea of being closer to family and working at a job we both love and its in a beautiful area which I would enjoy. Now if we where to be offered the job and decided that its a good fit overall; we would have to make the decision to leave this one-but what Gillum said makes sense maybe its a good omen and its time to move on? Its a hard decision to just get settled here (but without any power to run the place properly) in town and getting to know people here and then up and go.
Maybe its the Nomad in me that thinks that hey why not, nothing is really tying us here but that word in one of the last pages "commitment". Does it get easier for the traveling innkeepers to just up and go? I know for a fact that I would not want to live where we are currently living forever.
Will keep you abreast of the situation-the owner is still waiting on her "consultant report" and is not really making any serious decisions although it was insinuating a "better arrangement" for this year-what in the world does that mean? is for good or bad? I am trying not to project and its hard sometimes so I don't want to kick a gifthorse to the curb..
The way you describe your employer makes me think that she will only abide by the consultant report if it agrees with her.
You have been so miserable working for her, don't consider not leaving for a second. it will only get WORSE.
I have worked a couple of times for horrible people, and it almost made me ill going to work. Do not think she will change. She will not.
RIki

Prayed and thought about the opportunity that may be arriving and both hubbie and i agree if this Inn makes us the offer we will go for it. We know that the owner will not change and as most of you have mentioned she has not changed in 5 years and if this report is what will make it or break it and she does not agree with the report it will still be the same ol same ol.
And I thank K cause I know that because we are not desperate and we can make choices that will give us the opportunity to actually run the B & B the way its suppose to is all good.
Will let all of you know what is up-and BTW-thanks so much!

No contract here..
birdwatcher said:
No contract here.
Then there are those two things to consider: 1) why stay where you are miserable, 2) stick-with-it-ness.
Only you and your hubby know the answer. All the best whichever way it goes.
teeth_smile.gif

Prayed and thought about the opportunity that may be arriving and both hubbie and i agree if this Inn makes us the offer we will go for it. We know that the owner will not change and as most of you have mentioned she has not changed in 5 years and if this report is what will make it or break it and she does not agree with the report it will still be the same ol same ol.
And I thank K cause I know that because we are not desperate and we can make choices that will give us the opportunity to actually run the B & B the way its suppose to is all good.
Will let all of you know what is up-and BTW-thanks so much!.
In your phone conversations with the open position, have you discussed how they would handle an "xyz" situation? Have you discussed your frustrations with the position you have now and asked how it would be different if you worked for them?
Remember, you are also interviewing THEM, so it's important that you ask frank up front questions and pose scenarios to them so that you can get an indication on how they would manage things and what you would up against.
Have they shared with you why the previous innkeepers left so soon?

Breafast Diva-you are right about asking questions about them and they have another project and are therefore looking for innkeepers for thier inn, i think that they did the inn themselves.

Back