Bacon, bacon, bacon

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Have a guest who LOVES bacon, I want an excessively bacon-based recipe for him.

Frankly, I too love bacon, bacon, bacon, and after I started making the peppered bacon that was posted (I forget by whom) I won't make it any other way. For my birthday we were having bacon, by golly!
In case you're not already doing it, give it a try for him: lay bacon flat on sheet, sprinkle with brown sugar, sprinkle with pepper... heavier hand equals more glaze and more zip. Bake until brown, but watch close at it goes from undone to black fairly quickly. (And yes, you can make it the night before and reheat, like you generally do.)
You could also do "bacon breakfast" by making everything with bacon in it... bacon muffins, bacon egg combo (bake, quiche, frittata, scramble), bacon wrapped pineapple for the fruit course, peppered bacon for the meat.
=)
Kk.

My kind of guy!!! We would stabbing each other with the forks going for the last piece!

Bacon wrapped asparagus! I was going to do that but have the one non-pork guest here right now. :)

Make him waffles with bacon INSIDE and on the side. :).
Joey Bloggs said:
Make him waffles with bacon INSIDE and on the side. :)
Mmmm...bacon DOES go good with maple syrup...neat idea!
Little Blue said:
Joey Bloggs said:
and a good way to get kicked out of a "make your own waffles" breakfast at a hotel...Jus' sayin'...If you are sneaky you can slide the bacon in without the staff seeing.
wink_smile.gif

Joey Bloggs said:
Little Blue said:
Joey Bloggs said:
and a good way to get kicked out of a "make your own waffles" breakfast at a hotel...Jus' sayin'...If you are sneaky you can slide the bacon in without the staff seeing.
wink_smile.gif

We have a kid who stays here (he's 13) and we put his sausage pattie in his pancake. He loves it.

Joey Bloggs said:
Little Blue said:
Joey Bloggs said:
wink_smile.gif

We have a kid who stays here (he's 13) and we put his sausage pattie in his pancake. He loves it.
pig in a blanket, I still like it that way too, although haven't done that for years. About 10 years ago we found a similar to a corn dog with pancake wrapped sausage in the freezer section, haven't seen them since, maybe they were not a hit.

Joey Bloggs said:
Little Blue said:
Joey Bloggs said:
wink_smile.gif

pig in a blanket, I still like it that way too, although haven't done that for years. About 10 years ago we found a similar to a corn dog with pancake wrapped sausage in the freezer section, haven't seen them since, maybe they were not a hit.
This kid likes to hang out in the kitchen with Gomez. He saw Gomez making his OWN pancake that way and that was it. He had to have his that way, too.

Frankly, I too love bacon, bacon, bacon, and after I started making the peppered bacon that was posted (I forget by whom) I won't make it any other way. For my birthday we were having bacon, by golly!
In case you're not already doing it, give it a try for him: lay bacon flat on sheet, sprinkle with brown sugar, sprinkle with pepper... heavier hand equals more glaze and more zip. Bake until brown, but watch close at it goes from undone to black fairly quickly. (And yes, you can make it the night before and reheat, like you generally do.)
You could also do "bacon breakfast" by making everything with bacon in it... bacon muffins, bacon egg combo (bake, quiche, frittata, scramble), bacon wrapped pineapple for the fruit course, peppered bacon for the meat.
=)
Kk..
KK,
I have been making "your" bacon ever since you taught me - had it for a B&B group, my daughters friends, for relatives at Thanksgiving, and unexpected brunch guests (when they got stranded at the DTW airprt)! Major hit! I love it and it is so easy (making it and cleaning up)!

You could always try this...
http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/recipes/bacon-explosion/
I received this as a gift once - lot of fun!
http://www.gratefulpalate.com/?p=Category_11

If you are going to serve it, I highly recommend having one of these on site...
http://www.heartstarthome.com/content/heartstart_featured.asp

Joey Bloggs said:
Little Blue said:
Joey Bloggs said:
wink_smile.gif

Morticia said:
My pigs in a blanket are pancakes wrapped around link sausage, slathered with peanut butter and topped with syrup. Mmmmm.

Joey Bloggs said:
Little Blue said:
Joey Bloggs said:
wink_smile.gif

Morticia said:
My pigs in a blanket are pancakes wrapped around link sausage, slathered with peanut butter and topped with syrup. Mmmmm.
'Pigs in a blanket' has never meant sausages in a panckae to me. This is all completely new. Pigs in a blanket were always little hotdogs (cocktail franks) in a biscuit batter, not pancake batter, which is something altogether different for me.

You could always try this...
http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/recipes/bacon-explosion/
I received this as a gift once - lot of fun!
http://www.gratefulpalate.com/?p=Category_11.
Holy mackeral!

Back