Bacon Cinnamon Rolls

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
soooo ... assuming i give this a shot ... (forgetting the ** holy cholesterol, batman ** ) would you cook the bacon a bit first? and just how much bacon grease would go right into that dough?
teeth_smile.gif

baconcinnamonrolls.png

Try it and find out! Might be worth cooking them on a wire rack so the grease runs out...I can imagine the scent, wow!

I would use the pre/par cooked bacon. I use Hormel. I don't think any bacon will crisp up in the roll, but with the fully cooked kind you don't have to worry about it being raw.

I agree to precook somewhat. All depends on how long the rolls are in the oven. No way the bacon will cook rolled up like that. At least to the point where you'd be happy with it.

I agree to precook somewhat. All depends on how long the rolls are in the oven. No way the bacon will cook rolled up like that. At least to the point where you'd be happy with it..
Madeleine said:
I agree to precook somewhat. All depends on how long the rolls are in the oven. No way the bacon will cook rolled up like that. At least to the point where you'd be happy with it.
We wanna know!
Someone do it! I cant imagine them suggesting raw bacon so I have gotta know...anyone?
I am going to look and see reviews if I can... http://www.tablespoon.com/recipes/bacon-cinnamon-rolls/c268a5e7-46af-4de1-9edf-d8e7996a4a60
and then there is THIS! not as pretty of course...

I would precook the bacon, but I have to confess, I'm feeling 10 pounds heavier just looking at the picture! LOL
Related question - do you serve Pillsbury to your guests? Or do you make rolls from scratch?
We've been using box mixes with additions, like fresh apples, or strussel topping or mashed banana.
Haven't made the cinnamon rolls because I thought they are too recognizable as Pillsbury.

I would precook the bacon, but I have to confess, I'm feeling 10 pounds heavier just looking at the picture! LOL
Related question - do you serve Pillsbury to your guests? Or do you make rolls from scratch?
We've been using box mixes with additions, like fresh apples, or strussel topping or mashed banana.
Haven't made the cinnamon rolls because I thought they are too recognizable as Pillsbury..
TheBeachHouse said:
Haven't made the cinnamon rolls because I thought they are too recognizable as Pillsbury.
Seashanty is a former innkeeper. I don't think any of us serve tinned biscuits as such. This is just a clever idea to share. I know someone who used to buy frozen biscuits and pound them out and roll them up like this with cinna and pecans, but not the tinned type.

Haven't made the cinnamon rolls because I thought they are too recognizable as Pillsbury..
TheBeachHouse said:
If we do something like cinnamon rolls they are definitely out of a can. I'll make muffins or breads from scratch but rolls and biscuits are poppin' fresh!

I have used them from the can before, but only the brand & type you saw in the picture. I don't have time or energy to do from scratch. What I will mostly do is buy them made from one of our local supermarket bakery. They're wonderful. I'll scrape the cream cheese frosting off the top, heat the rolls and reapply the frosting. I've had guests swoon over them! When they ask for the recipe I tell them I can't give it out because it's a family secret. HA! Only my family knows I don't make them myself.

Back