Bad Guest Behavior

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Reading about some bad guests mentioned on this forum from time to time always amazes me, I mean it is unreal how horrible people can behave. After visiting a few of the beautiful establishments here in person it is even more amazing.
  1. One in particular where a person or persons crawled through the kitchen pass through to get ice or something in the innkeepers kitchen since the door was locked (for a reason it was locked). Going into the innkeepers personal space and quarters.
  2. Another where the bad guest stood up and carried the plate of food into the kitchen and demanded something else.
  3. Another saying it was unsafe on the second floor of this quaint small town B&B and would not stay there.
  4. Another demanding full use of the kitchen the entire stay (which is not a B&B is it? A B&B is not a rental!)
  5. Cancelling on the day and yet demanding they not pay for their stay and threatening bad reviews (what the!)
I mean the list goes on and on!
I just wanted to remind everyone it is NOT YOU, it is NOT YOUR B&B, it is the guest, the bad guest. Bad people are everywhere. Worse than bad are everywhere, the news is full of those stories.
I hope 2011 is the year we can all have more fun, and not take it personal when a guest is a tosser. We are here for you when you need a shoulder or sounding board.
cheers.gif

I have come to the realisation this year and I am sure you will agree some people are just complete tossers and there is just no pleasing them and the quicker we all realise this and tell them to jog on the happier we all will be. We care because for the vast majority we do make a difference and make their stay happier and help all round but for the few bad seeds the quicker they are identified and ignored the better. Perhapse if they are ignored and stood up to often enough it will make them shut up.

I have come to the realisation this year and I am sure you will agree some people are just complete tossers and there is just no pleasing them and the quicker we all realise this and tell them to jog on the happier we all will be. We care because for the vast majority we do make a difference and make their stay happier and help all round but for the few bad seeds the quicker they are identified and ignored the better. Perhapse if they are ignored and stood up to often enough it will make them shut up..
I have come to the realisation this year and I am sure you will agree some people are just complete tossers and there is just no pleasing them and the quicker we all realise this and tell them to jog on the happier we all will be. We care because for the vast majority we do make a difference and make their stay happier and help all round but for the few bad seeds the quicker they are identified and ignored the better. Perhapse if they are ignored and stood up to often enough it will make them shut up.
Right on! And they all know they are a pain in the neck- you would not believe how many are proud of that fact.
RIki

Back