Bah .... he kicks the ball for the blackbirds

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

The Tipsy Butler

Reaction score
Despite being a Brit I am now a die-hard, yell-at-the-screen, NFL Fan. We were away visiting friends in Boston on Sunday so recorded the Pats / Jets game and manged to get home without finding out the score first.
I was reminded of one of my favourite guests from two years ago. An older German lady who (because of her father's skill-set) was "brought" over to the US at the start of WWII. We hit it off from the start and she took me out to dinner a couple of times. The last time we talked about her family ......
Her: "oh ..... my nephew ..... BAH .... he likes to play that football thing".
Me: "Really? I love American Football. What position does he play? Does he play after work?"
Her: "No - he thinks it IS work. He kicks a ball for a team called the blackbirds."
Turns out he's the punter for the Baltimore Ravens. Every time I see them play I remember her and start to giggle.

MTLLodge

Reaction score
The Tipsy Butler said:
Despite being a Brit I am now a die-hard, yell-at-the-screen, NFL Fan.
Now that would be something to see!

The Tipsy Butler

Reaction score
The Tipsy Butler said:
Despite being a Brit I am now a die-hard, yell-at-the-screen, NFL Fan.
Now that would be something to see!.
I can't help but get really ... um .... "involved". Based on this last weekend, I'm supposed to be sending a whole slew of nasty letters to players who dropped the ball (for want of a better phrase).
....... ie .... yelling at the screen - "don't you dare .... don't even think about it .... if you don't stop them RIGHT NOW you'll be getting a nasty letter from me .."

gillumhouse

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DH has a problem brewing on the horizon. Since moving here he has been following and cheering for the Steelers like the rest of us - but I bought his bear Sir Hugs-a-lot that they gave him when he had his bypasses a BEARS jersey because he is a life-long Bears fan (poor thing also dies with the CUBS every year). There is a distinct possibility that the BEARS could be playing the Steelers. He has apologized but says BEARS will be getting his cheers and groans (Steelers get mine).

The Tipsy Butler

Reaction score
DH has a problem brewing on the horizon. Since moving here he has been following and cheering for the Steelers like the rest of us - but I bought his bear Sir Hugs-a-lot that they gave him when he had his bypasses a BEARS jersey because he is a life-long Bears fan (poor thing also dies with the CUBS every year). There is a distinct possibility that the BEARS could be playing the Steelers. He has apologized but says BEARS will be getting his cheers and groans (Steelers get mine)..
Oh Oh

Country Girl

Reaction score
I am still in mourning after Sunday's horrific game. What will we do without Tom Brady next Sunday???

Copperhead

Reaction score
I am a die hard NFL fan as well. While my team is out for the season, I am still glowing from the ring brought home last year.

I thought the blackbirds were the ATL Falcons, forgot about the Ravens. I truely thought this was Brady's year, shows you how much I know.