Bah .... he kicks the ball for the blackbirds

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Tipsy Butler

Reaction score
Despite being a Brit I am now a die-hard, yell-at-the-screen, NFL Fan. We were away visiting friends in Boston on Sunday so recorded the Pats / Jets game and manged to get home without finding out the score first.
I was reminded of one of my favourite guests from two years ago. An older German lady who (because of her father's skill-set) was "brought" over to the US at the start of WWII. We hit it off from the start and she took me out to dinner a couple of times. The last time we talked about her family ......
Her: "oh ..... my nephew ..... BAH .... he likes to play that football thing".
Me: "Really? I love American Football. What position does he play? Does he play after work?"
Her: "No - he thinks it IS work. He kicks a ball for a team called the blackbirds."
Turns out he's the punter for the Baltimore Ravens. Every time I see them play I remember her and start to giggle.

The Tipsy Butler said:
Despite being a Brit I am now a die-hard, yell-at-the-screen, NFL Fan.
Now that would be something to see!.
I can't help but get really ... um .... "involved". Based on this last weekend, I'm supposed to be sending a whole slew of nasty letters to players who dropped the ball (for want of a better phrase).
....... ie .... yelling at the screen - "don't you dare .... don't even think about it .... if you don't stop them RIGHT NOW you'll be getting a nasty letter from me .."

DH has a problem brewing on the horizon. Since moving here he has been following and cheering for the Steelers like the rest of us - but I bought his bear Sir Hugs-a-lot that they gave him when he had his bypasses a BEARS jersey because he is a life-long Bears fan (poor thing also dies with the CUBS every year). There is a distinct possibility that the BEARS could be playing the Steelers. He has apologized but says BEARS will be getting his cheers and groans (Steelers get mine).

DH has a problem brewing on the horizon. Since moving here he has been following and cheering for the Steelers like the rest of us - but I bought his bear Sir Hugs-a-lot that they gave him when he had his bypasses a BEARS jersey because he is a life-long Bears fan (poor thing also dies with the CUBS every year). There is a distinct possibility that the BEARS could be playing the Steelers. He has apologized but says BEARS will be getting his cheers and groans (Steelers get mine)..
Oh Oh

I am still in mourning after Sunday's horrific game. What will we do without Tom Brady next Sunday???

I am a die hard NFL fan as well. While my team is out for the season, I am still glowing from the ring brought home last year.
wink_smile.gif

I thought the blackbirds were the ATL Falcons, forgot about the Ravens. I truely thought this was Brady's year, shows you how much I know.

Back