Bait and Switch

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being peeved over that is one thing, having it ruin the entire anniversary trip is quite another. They had not previously planned on having wine, it was just a last min thought and the idea a tree would be planted was a bonus. So the server did this, they did not take the bait good for them. Move on and forget it.
What a waste to have something like that make your entire trip go sour. I know their stay with you was great, how could it not be a great weekend. They ate where they had wanted, other than the wine thing was the food good? Letting one tiny part of a holiday ruin the experience is all in the guest mind. Sad! And additionally it is sad because it will play in their mind and have their stay with you get clumped up in their unhappy experience.
I understand the feeling of being (attempt) ripped off, and do not like that type of thing either. I would not go back and I would have asked for the manager before leaving to express my feelings on the matter. It could very well be the mgr had no idea this was happening and if he was being called on it may make him see the error of his ways. Dissatisfied patrons will not lead to future patrons!.
Sorry I guess I explained it too dramatically.
They didn't say the whole weekend was ruined. It was just the big let down of the excitement of going there and having someone try to cheat them.
Maybe it was ME who was let down moreso than the guests? Probably.
thumbs_down.gif

Joey Bloggs said:
Sorry I guess I explained it too dramatically.
They didn't say the whole weekend was ruined. It was just the big let down of the excitement of going there and having someone try to cheat them.
Maybe it was ME who was let down moreso than the guests? Probably.
thumbs_down.gif
Not least because if someone is staying with you and something like this happens it taints their whole trip.

Back