Baking Bacon?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always cook my bacon this way. I don't use foil, or racks, or anything.
I just put as much bacon as I can fit on a baking/cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes (depends on the type of bacon, the amount of fat, etc.) Bake it until it's brown or it will be too limp. This morning's came out absolutely perfect! Mmmm.
We have bikers (cyclists) here today... one is a vegetarian who'll eat dairy and eggs (how easy is that??). I made plenty of bacon--all gone. Huge batch of pancakes (the ones I always have too many of)--only two left. Hashbrowns--almost gone. Fruit splits (large)--wiped out.
So what if they are big eaters? No one leaves here hungry if I have anything to do with it, and if they know of other cyclists we'd love to have the business. This is our second cyclist group in two weeks... Ohio has lots and lots of little backroads which are great for bike rides. I need to figure out how to market to them!
=)
Kk..
DW wanted me to thank the group for the tip on baking the bacon. The bacon came out crisp and flawless. What pleased her the most was the lack of a mess that was created in the oven.

I will proudly admit that I am a member of the Bacon of the Month club... http://www.gratefulpalate.com/?p=Category_11 in case you are interested.
Has anyone tried grilling bacon? It is a GREAT way to prepare it. The only thing you have to be careful about is flame-up, so cook it at really low temp. I lay it directly onto the grill rack (gas), cook covered, flip once. After finishing, run the grill for about 5 minutes or so on medium heat closed to clean out the grease that has dropped. Gives it a nice crispy texture and smoky taste.
I've done it in the oven as well, although the last time I smoked out the entire house and I might be banished to the outdoors...

I will proudly admit that I am a member of the Bacon of the Month club... http://www.gratefulpalate.com/?p=Category_11 in case you are interested.
Has anyone tried grilling bacon? It is a GREAT way to prepare it. The only thing you have to be careful about is flame-up, so cook it at really low temp. I lay it directly onto the grill rack (gas), cook covered, flip once. After finishing, run the grill for about 5 minutes or so on medium heat closed to clean out the grease that has dropped. Gives it a nice crispy texture and smoky taste.
I've done it in the oven as well, although the last time I smoked out the entire house and I might be banished to the outdoors....
JBanczak said:
I've done it in the oven as well, although the last time I smoked out the entire house and I might be banished to the outdoors...
WOW, sounds good, but it's expensive! I did look at their other products. Did you see the Bacon Popcorn and Bacon Peanut Brittle??
tounge_smile.gif

I got it as a gift actually. It is pretty fun - but you're right - a little pricey. I have looked at that stuff - haven't tried it yet though - some crazy recipes they came up with!

I've done it in the oven as well, although the last time I smoked out the entire house and I might be banished to the outdoors....
JBanczak said:
WOW, sounds good, but it's expensive! I did look at their other products. Did you see the Bacon Popcorn and Bacon Peanut Brittle??
tounge_smile.gif

Bacon Peanut Brittle?! :barf: Even left to the imagination, that is a memory I wish I never imagined. ;)

JBanczak said:
tounge_smile.gif

Bacon Peanut Brittle?! :barf: Even left to the imagination, that is a memory I wish I never imagined. ;)
swirt said:
I've never heard of bacon peanut brittle, but don't knock the combination! One of my favourite sandwiches (which I haven't had in years because I don't cook bacon) is open-faced peanut butter and bacon on toast. You won't believe how delicious it is until you try it for yourself. Really. Mmmmm. I may just need to get me some bacon now...

JBanczak said:
tounge_smile.gif

I want a barfing emoticon, where'd you get that?!

JBanczak said:
tounge_smile.gif

type : barf : only without the spaces between the colons.

JBanczak said:
tounge_smile.gif

swirt said:
Very cool! (I've just got to try it... :barf: )
Are there any other ones that also work?
=)
Kk.

JBanczak said:
tounge_smile.gif

swirt said:
I've never heard of bacon peanut brittle, but don't knock the combination! One of my favourite sandwiches (which I haven't had in years because I don't cook bacon) is open-faced peanut butter and bacon on toast. You won't believe how delicious it is until you try it for yourself. Really. Mmmmm. I may just need to get me some bacon now...
LOL. I was at a restaurant in Buffalo a few months back (the Empire Grill). They had a peanutbutter hamburger (called it a Jiffy Burger) on the menu. I was with a group of 6 college professors that I work with and they were all chuckling over the idea of the peanut butter hamburger with bacon... So I talked to the waitress and she said it was famous and highly recommended, so I ordered one. It was a LARGE hamburger with a healthy dose of peanut butter (maybe half a cup or more) on the top and smoked bacon. It was an interesting flavor combination .... though from the heat of the burger the peanut butter rapidly liquified and started running down my hands, then down my arms....by the time I finished it, I was covered in bacon & peantbutter residue and had gone through several napkins ... definitely not a thing to order when having lunch with academics. I wouldn't order one of those again...which I am sure my arteries will thank me for ;)

JBanczak said:
tounge_smile.gif

swirt said:
=)
Kk.
: sick : will also do the same thing.
There are other shortcuts but they produce the same ones available by clicking the smiley icon
: raz :
: cool :
: cry :

JBanczak said:
tounge_smile.gif

swirt said:
=)
Kk.
There are other shortcuts but they produce the same ones available by clicking the smiley icon
Is there anything for :sarcasm: ?

JBanczak said:
tounge_smile.gif

swirt said:
=)
Kk.
We need one that is a horses @$$ with a wagging tail and the code will be : PITA :
devil_smile.gif

JBanczak said:
tounge_smile.gif

swirt said:
=)
Kk.
We need one that is a horses @$$ with a wagging tail and the code will be : PITA :
devil_smile.gif

I'll see what I can do ;)

JBanczak said:
tounge_smile.gif

swirt said:
=)
Kk.
devil_smile.gif

I'll see what I can do ;)
I think a bacon icon would come in handy as well...

I might have missed this but when you cook your bacon in the oven you put it on your broiler pan? Do you cover it at all? If you don't does it not make a huge mess?

JBanczak said:
tounge_smile.gif

swirt said:
=)
Kk.
devil_smile.gif

Can't find a horse's behind that resembles a horses behind at that size so you will have to make due with this for now : pita : :pita:

JBanczak said:
tounge_smile.gif

swirt said:
=)
Kk.
Okay I added a few more to have fun with
: help : :help:
: cheers : :cheers:
: sarcasm : that was a tough one to find a representation for so for now it is :sarcasm:
: welcome : :welcome:

JBanczak said:
tounge_smile.gif

swirt said:
=)
Kk.
: sarcasm : that was a tough one to find a representation for so for now it is :sarcasm:
Wow!!!
:cheers:
=)
Kk.

JBanczak said:
tounge_smile.gif

swirt said:
=)
Kk.
You are amazing! If we get you a referral, can you make us personalized ones? That would be awesome!

Back