Baking Bacon?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will proudly admit that I am a member of the Bacon of the Month club... http://www.gratefulpalate.com/?p=Category_11 in case you are interested.
Has anyone tried grilling bacon? It is a GREAT way to prepare it. The only thing you have to be careful about is flame-up, so cook it at really low temp. I lay it directly onto the grill rack (gas), cook covered, flip once. After finishing, run the grill for about 5 minutes or so on medium heat closed to clean out the grease that has dropped. Gives it a nice crispy texture and smoky taste.
I've done it in the oven as well, although the last time I smoked out the entire house and I might be banished to the outdoors....
JBanczak said:
I will proudly admit that I am a member of the Bacon of the Month club... http://www.gratefulpalate.com/?p=Category_11 in case you are interested.
Has anyone tried grilling bacon? It is a GREAT way to prepare it. The only thing you have to be careful about is flame-up, so cook it at really low temp. I lay it directly onto the grill rack (gas), cook covered, flip once. After finishing, run the grill for about 5 minutes or so on medium heat closed to clean out the grease that has dropped. Gives it a nice crispy texture and smoky taste.
I've done it in the oven as well, although the last time I smoked out the entire house and I might be banished to the outdoors...
WOW, sounds good, but it's expensive! I did look at their other products. Did you see the Bacon Popcorn and Bacon Peanut Brittle??
tounge_smile.gif

Bacon Peanut Brittle?! :barf: Even left to the imagination, that is a memory I wish I never imagined. ;)
I want a barfing emoticon, where'd you get that?!
type : barf : only without the spaces between the colons.
swirt said:
type : barf : only without the spaces between the colons.
Very cool! (I've just got to try it... :barf: )
Are there any other ones that also work?
=)
Kk.
: sick : will also do the same thing.
There are other shortcuts but they produce the same ones available by clicking the smiley icon
: raz :
: cool :
: cry :
Okay I added a few more to have fun with
: help : :help:
: cheers : :cheers:
: sarcasm : that was a tough one to find a representation for so for now it is :sarcasm:
: welcome : :welcome:
You are amazing! If we get you a referral, can you make us personalized ones? That would be awesome!
Can't take any credit for making them (other than the PITAs one) All I do is find them ;)

I've done it in the oven as well, although the last time I smoked out the entire house and I might be banished to the outdoors....
JBanczak said:
I've done it in the oven as well, although the last time I smoked out the entire house and I might be banished to the outdoors...
WOW, sounds good, but it's expensive! I did look at their other products. Did you see the Bacon Popcorn and Bacon Peanut Brittle??
tounge_smile.gif

Bacon Peanut Brittle?! :barf: Even left to the imagination, that is a memory I wish I never imagined. ;)
swirt said:
I've never heard of bacon peanut brittle, but don't knock the combination! One of my favourite sandwiches (which I haven't had in years because I don't cook bacon) is open-faced peanut butter and bacon on toast. You won't believe how delicious it is until you try it for yourself. Really. Mmmmm. I may just need to get me some bacon now...
Add a banana, pickle, and mayo and you have the ultimate sandwich!

I love bacon on the grill. It's also wonderful, if you have the time, to cook it on a charcoal grill...so differently yummy.

Waiting for the report back on bakin' the bacon :)
I tried this in the beginning and couldn't get it crisp enough. I fry it up in a pan with my vent hood going full blast.
Like I said before - bacon (applewood or peppered) is the breakfast pork favorite so far with the link sausages coming in second. I did serve some gourmet organic chicken and apple sausage links to some guests last weekend for their second breakfast and they loved it! I thought I'd try it after a discussion where they mentioned trying to cut down on pork...a challenge since we are in the South!.
Samster said:
I tried this in the beginning and couldn't get it crisp enough. I fry it up in a pan with my vent hood going full blast.
Like I said before - bacon (applewood or peppered) is the breakfast pork favorite so far with the link sausages coming in second. I did serve some gourmet organic chicken and apple sausage links to some guests last weekend for their second breakfast and they loved it! I thought I'd try it after a discussion where they mentioned trying to cut down on pork...a challenge since we are in the South!
Apple sausage sounds good! I asked (don't jump on me, please, anyone) if guests would like sausage with their breakfast and she replied, 'I'd rather have bacon instead.' OK, the choice was sausage or no sausage, so I just said we didn't have bacon. It's not a restaurant, honey. Myabe I should phrase it, 'Would you like sausage or no sausage with...?'
They were pretty good and these guests were reliable on the feedback. The Emeril chicken and apple sausages that I've bought at Sam's for us are really good too. I let the men in my family talk me out of serving them to our guests (the whole "pork is King" here) but I'm going to get some to serve from time to time. A nice change and you can slice them and serve that way.
Hey Samster, thanks for the Chicken Sausage tip, they are great! I think my picky kid might even like them! Served them today, yum! They are expensive, so I'll save them for when I have extended stays and need a change in the menu...but YUM!!!

Like I said before - bacon (applewood or peppered) is the breakfast pork favorite so far with the link sausages coming in second. I did serve some gourmet organic chicken and apple sausage links to some guests last weekend for their second breakfast and they loved it! I thought I'd try it after a discussion where they mentioned trying to cut down on pork...a challenge since we are in the South!.
Samster said:
Like I said before - bacon (applewood or peppered) is the breakfast pork favorite so far with the link sausages coming in second. I did serve some gourmet organic chicken and apple sausage links to some guests last weekend for their second breakfast and they loved it! I thought I'd try it after a discussion where they mentioned trying to cut down on pork...a challenge since we are in the South!
Apple sausage sounds good! I asked (don't jump on me, please, anyone) if guests would like sausage with their breakfast and she replied, 'I'd rather have bacon instead.' OK, the choice was sausage or no sausage, so I just said we didn't have bacon. It's not a restaurant, honey. Myabe I should phrase it, 'Would you like sausage or no sausage with...?'
They were pretty good and these guests were reliable on the feedback. The Emeril chicken and apple sausages that I've bought at Sam's for us are really good too. I let the men in my family talk me out of serving them to our guests (the whole "pork is King" here) but I'm going to get some to serve from time to time. A nice change and you can slice them and serve that way.
Hey Samster, thanks for the Chicken Sausage tip, they are great! I think my picky kid might even like them! Served them today, yum! They are expensive, so I'll save them for when I have extended stays and need a change in the menu...but YUM!!!
Glad you liked them & you're right, they're too pricey for everyday. But some of the larger links can be sliced to go farther ;-)

Back