Bamboo sheets

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Country Girl

Reaction score
I need to think about replacing some of my sheets and a friend mentioned bamboo sheets. Has anyone tried them? If so, how do you like them? Do they hold up well, are they soft, wrinkle free, stain resistant, etc? I love the sheets I use now but it's getting harder and harder to find them, they are very expensive, and I have to iron them.

I know I keep harping on about ebay but have you had a look I have found all sorts of things for about 10% of the normal price Ive just got sofa arm covers for $8 can't beat that! What are your current ones made of? or brand?

I know I keep harping on about ebay but have you had a look I have found all sorts of things for about 10% of the normal price Ive just got sofa arm covers for $8 can't beat that! What are your current ones made of? or brand?.
I know I keep harping on about ebay but have you had a look I have found all sorts of things for about 10% of the normal price Ive just got sofa arm covers for $8 can't beat that! What are your current ones made of? or brand?
Currently I use Charisma and I love them, but they need ironing, are expensive and my supplier doesn't carry them anymore.

Just took a look on ebay they were doing complete sets for $30 each bargain!

I have bamboo towels that are pretty nice. I know that doesn't help. They have held up well, are very soft but they take longer to dry.

Bamboo is treated with a chemical, me thinks this is why they are rarely available these days. They were a quick fad until people shared that info.

This info is absolutely good and I will say will always be helpful if we attempt it risk free.
So in the event you can again it up. That will really help us all.
<a href="www.bedandbamboo.com.">Bed and Bamboo</a>

I have had a few sets of bamboo sheets. I got my first ones from Target, but they were half cotton I think. Anyway, they fell apart really fast. Then I got some from BB&B and the same thing happened! It was the worst. But I got the best set of bamboo sheets at that link. I really couldn't be happier and I have had them for two years now!
And for the record, the chemical wash thing is about as bad as any other textile. Cotton and everything else gets deeply washed in strong chemicals. Bamboo is so much more eco-friendly because of the way it grows and is harvested---no chemicals at all.

I know I keep harping on about ebay but have you had a look I have found all sorts of things for about 10% of the normal price Ive just got sofa arm covers for $8 can't beat that! What are your current ones made of? or brand?.
thumbs_up.gif

I'm so with you on that, especially where we live, it's often difficult to get odd items. And I don't have the time or inclination to go traipsing round the shops looking for things.
First thing I always do is go to ebay. I can just click, pay with pay pal and a couple of days later it's here.

I have had a few sets of bamboo sheets. I got my first ones from Target, but they were half cotton I think. Anyway, they fell apart really fast. Then I got some from BB&B and the same thing happened! It was the worst. But I got the best set of bamboo sheets at that link. I really couldn't be happier and I have had them for two years now!
And for the record, the chemical wash thing is about as bad as any other textile. Cotton and everything else gets deeply washed in strong chemicals. Bamboo is so much more eco-friendly because of the way it grows and is harvested---no chemicals at all..
MX599TLW - you really should do the full disclosure and tell us that you own the site you directed us to. Play fair. Don't pretend this is an unbiased opinion.

I bought a set of bamboo sheets that get occasional use, since the bed isn't used much. They are soft, and I try to put them on the bed right out of the dryer. FYI, I bought a pair of bamboo sox, and they didn't hold up nearly as long as their cheap little cousins that you can get at places like Walgreens.

Back