banana bread update

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
bbread%20006.jpg

i tossed some flour coated blueberries into one of the pans of batter of banana bread. (probably 1/2 cup) ohmy! when hot it was crazy good. by mid day, that loaf was GONE. with complaints about no blueberries in the other loaves.
i am thinking a handful of chocolate bits would be awesome. or cranberries.
and then i got to thinking about putting in grated carrot, raisins and pineapple ... and then started wondering if the bananas would even be necessary if i put all that in.
anyway ... just thought i'd share.

and it would freeze really well! you could take them out at Christmas for gifts. :)

If this is your banana bread recipe, I can attest that adding mini chocolate chips is very yummy! (I used to make it that way sometimes.) Love the blueberry idea which I will try tomorrow when I use up these overripe 'naners I have here. Thanks for sharing!
tounge_smile.gif

I put dates, maraschino cherries, almonds, mandarin oranges, coconut, chocolate chips....and bananas....in mine. It's tropical banana bread. There is never any leftover, and my neighbors often stop by asking for it. Blueberries sound wonderful. I'll have to throw some of those in there.

oooh yumm sanctuary
yes this is the 'world famous' banana bread recipe (haha)
if you toss in berries, don't forget to dust with flour first so they don't sink to the bottom although they still might. fold in very gently. you could easily use frozen berries as well.
if you want lots of blueberries, you need about 1 1/2 cups. i put 1/2 cup in one of three little loaves.

I almost always add choc chips to my banana muffins. Will have to try the blueberries. Thanks

Back