BandB survey regarding Webervations

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Copperhead

Reaction score
I just completed my survey regarding Webervations. Looks like they are wanting to make a lot of changes with the system. Although I will go along with some enhancements, I am worried that they will 'enhance' the economical factor out of it. Simple is fine with me as long as security and manageability are kept current. Seems to me that they could really have a good marketing tactic by having Rezovations for the larger properties or those that really want/need all that, and leave Webervations nice, simple and 'cheap' for his smaller market B&B's.
Now I would not be opposed to a small yearly increase for a few more enhancements, but I just can not see why they would make so many enhancements that it would justify a large increase. NOTE: to my knowledge, they have NOT posed any future increase ... this is just my gut feeling that they will add this or that and then use that to justify an increase.
If you get the survey, at the end you can make some comments. Please let them hear your thoughts on this matter. All the possible enhancements sound great when you are going through the survey, but rest asurred they will come with a price.

My comment was I wanted something simple and affordable. I was quite happy with Webervations as it was - BECAUSE it was affordable. I am with you. a small increase from time to time in understandable -but not a honking raise. I agree that the problem is that no one stops and remembers that the small inn - and there are a LOT of us - does not need all the bells and whistles to keep their inn functioning smoothly. What I have been doing for the last 13 years works for me. I am not tracking 8 or 10 rooms in a tourist mecca. Spreadsheets manage everything nicely in Podunk.

Gee I just thought of something I would like to see on the calendar but did not think in time - Major Holidays marked or different color... Or better yet a way that WE can highlight holiday / event dates on the calendar. It sure would give me a quick heads up without having to check my special pricing for such a period with each call.
Sure hope someone will add this when they do their survey OR John ...please note.
wink_smile.gif

Gee I just thought of something I would like to see on the calendar but did not think in time - Major Holidays marked or different color... Or better yet a way that WE can highlight holiday / event dates on the calendar. It sure would give me a quick heads up without having to check my special pricing for such a period with each call.
Sure hope someone will add this when they do their survey OR John ...please note.
wink_smile.gif
Copperhead said:
wink_smile.gif
THAT is a really good one! Being able to 'self-select' the holidays in different colors is great.

wink_smile.gif
Copperhead said:
wink_smile.gif
THAT is a really good one! Being able to 'self-select' the holidays in different colors is great.
Absolutely a fantastic feature that would be wonderful to have. It would be good to have not only for holidays, but home foottball games (or basketball) at the University, festivals in the area. special events, etc (getting "out of Dodge" falls under special events....) That is why we are all here, someone always thinks of something everyone else forgot about.
Thanks Copperhead!

I am sure they are sending this out so when they add all those bells and whistles and jack up the price they can point to us and say, "you asked for this!".
I would rather keep it as it is and not pay more. I told them I did not want any additional features at all.
I have already a credit card processor, and already have my management software. Why on earth do I want them to add it and charge me for what I already have? Just watch, this is what they will do.
Riki

I am sure they are sending this out so when they add all those bells and whistles and jack up the price they can point to us and say, "you asked for this!".
I would rather keep it as it is and not pay more. I told them I did not want any additional features at all.
I have already a credit card processor, and already have my management software. Why on earth do I want them to add it and charge me for what I already have? Just watch, this is what they will do.
Riki.
I think the writing is on the wall about a price increase - why else would they ask on the survey if we would like the option to pay by the month.
While I do have a 'wish list' for small enhancements, I made it very clear that the most important thing to me was to keep it reasonable. They must keep up with security requirements and general upkeep.

From filling out the survey I have the very strong suspicion that some sort of sliding scale, fee for service type deal incorporating Webervations and credit card processing is going to be offered.
I wrote out three times that I have NO desire for my reservation software to have ANY connection to my accounting software. I so hope they keep Webervations the same but I doubt they will!

Back