Bang

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agoodman

Reaction score
My washing machine just fell face forward off it's pedestal. Is it trying to tell me that it needs some time off.
Just one of the headaches of being a "single" innkeeper, now I have to find someone to help me get it back up.Sigh

I hope you did not have a "flood" to clean up on top of everything else!

Ouch! They are not easy to wrestle around either
sad_smile.gif
I hope you find someone with a strong back to help you. Best of luck!

actually it was only a half load, bounced around, bounced off the pedestal and then fell straight forward, load, water and all .....
but then it gets better, I realized I had no hot water pressure..... the falling machine broke the hot water pipe under my house............ thank goodness I was able to get a plumber ............. note this comes AFTER all 3 poodles ate fire ant poisen on Wed ......... (yes they are all ok now after being forced to vomit, had a vitamin K shot and mummy paid the vet bills)
And here I was thinking October was a good month, and what a way to start November.

actually it was only a half load, bounced around, bounced off the pedestal and then fell straight forward, load, water and all .....
but then it gets better, I realized I had no hot water pressure..... the falling machine broke the hot water pipe under my house............ thank goodness I was able to get a plumber ............. note this comes AFTER all 3 poodles ate fire ant poisen on Wed ......... (yes they are all ok now after being forced to vomit, had a vitamin K shot and mummy paid the vet bills)
And here I was thinking October was a good month, and what a way to start November..
Wow, don't do anything by halves do you?

Wow. Good luck with the washer and the poodles.

And here I was thinking October was a good month, and what a way to start November..
thanks, you just taught me the name of those dreadful bugs. We have them too out west, way too many of them.....fire bugs.

See I have always wondered about the reasoning of sitting washers up on pedastals...it seemed like an accident just waiting to happen to me. I am not sure I would get the pedestals when I buy one the next time.

See I have always wondered about the reasoning of sitting washers up on pedastals...it seemed like an accident just waiting to happen to me. I am not sure I would get the pedestals when I buy one the next time..
We have a pedastal for ours, but there is no way they could fall off it, they sort of sit into it. I had to work really hard one time to tip the washer out to get to something behind the washer.

actually this is more of a tiled platform that was bult onto the floor - but once you have one (platform or pedestal) you know you will never manage without one, much less bending!! (despite the fact that mine bounced right off it!!). Ah well it's been sitting there for 4 years so maybe it just decided it needed a change of scenery

Maybe you should have put the poodles in the wash to balance the load.
smileystooges.gif

See I have always wondered about the reasoning of sitting washers up on pedastals...it seemed like an accident just waiting to happen to me. I am not sure I would get the pedestals when I buy one the next time..
We have a pedastal for ours, but there is no way they could fall off it, they sort of sit into it. I had to work really hard one time to tip the washer out to get to something behind the washer.
We have stackables and when we get an unbalanced load they walk themselves away from wall like a giant robot. It's a booger-bear to get the dryer vent reconnected when that happens. DW is more careful about balancing the wash these days.

catlady said:
See I have always wondered about the reasoning of sitting washers up on pedastals...it seemed like an accident just waiting to happen to me. I am not sure I would get the pedestals when I buy one the next time.
When we bought our front-loaders, we decided to forego the expense of the pedestals, and now wish we hadn't. You have to bend down farther to load and unload than we would have ever thought.
The pedestals also buy you storage room. Our neighbor uses hers to keep the children's boots and mittens, etc. in. That stuff is within reach of the children, but neatly out of the way.

catlady said:
When we bought our front-loaders, we decided to forego the expense of the pedestals, and now wish we hadn't. You have to bend down farther to load and unload than we would have ever thought.
The pedestals also buy you storage room. Our neighbor uses hers to keep the children's boots and mittens, etc. in. That stuff is within reach of the children, but neatly out of the way.
IronGate said:
catlady said:
When we first put in a front loader in our old house we didn't get the pedestal. I thought I was gonna die. Went on like that for about 6 years. Then hubs built a pedestal for me and we sold the house! When we put the stackable in here I got the pedestal built before the unit went in.
Agree with PT that it is a bear to get the dryer vent hose hooked up (and to plug the dryer in). Hubs tilts the stacked unit until it's pivoting on the edge of the platform, I hold it up and he climbs over the top to hook the thing up. It has never walked, tho. Off balance sensor turns it off immediately. I check to make sure it is not inching its way toward the edge. I can't imagine if the whole thing tipped over!

actually this is more of a tiled platform that was bult onto the floor - but once you have one (platform or pedestal) you know you will never manage without one, much less bending!! (despite the fact that mine bounced right off it!!). Ah well it's been sitting there for 4 years so maybe it just decided it needed a change of scenery.
If there is room, a nice but secure stip of decorative molding across the front top edge of the platform would proabably keep the thing from walking off the stage again.

catlady said:
IronGate said:
catlady said:
When we first put in a front loader in our old house we didn't get the pedestal. I thought I was gonna die. Went on like that for about 6 years. Then hubs built a pedestal for me and we sold the house! When we put the stackable in here I got the pedestal built before the unit went in.
Agree with PT that it is a bear to get the dryer vent hose hooked up (and to plug the dryer in). Hubs tilts the stacked unit until it's pivoting on the edge of the platform, I hold it up and he climbs over the top to hook the thing up. It has never walked, tho. Off balance sensor turns it off immediately. I check to make sure it is not inching its way toward the edge. I can't imagine if the whole thing tipped over!
can you lend me your husban for a week or so

actually this is more of a tiled platform that was bult onto the floor - but once you have one (platform or pedestal) you know you will never manage without one, much less bending!! (despite the fact that mine bounced right off it!!). Ah well it's been sitting there for 4 years so maybe it just decided it needed a change of scenery.
If there is room, a nice but secure stip of decorative molding across the front top edge of the platform would proabably keep the thing from walking off the stage again.
good idea, but the person who built it made it basically about 1/2" less than the depth of the machine already, so not a millimeter to put anything!! PS did you get my email?

I hope the poodles are okay.
I hope you get your washing machine back in working order quickly.

Back